FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

3 hours ago, Fritag said:

Wiper’s a lovely touch and the Venom looks superb in her flat coat.

Mind you; I don’t hold with these long threads :whistle::blush:

😄 thanks Steve, pleased with the Sea Venom. Long threads, from the King of Long threads I like it .

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 3

I can't add much to the appreciation already shown Chris, but definitely a WOW!

And, of all the myriad of gorgeous details, I love the windscreen wiper! Not surprised you took a close-up.

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnson said:

I can't add much to the appreciation already shown Chris, but definitely a WOW!

And, of all the myriad of gorgeous details, I love the windscreen wiper! Not surprised you took a close-up.

Cheers,

Thanks Charlie very kind, yes pleased with how that turned out. Just checking whatsit if weathering is required and will get that done and then finished.

Chris

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mark.au said:

I've been away for a few days and come back to this.  What pleasure to catch up, and just in time!  The Venom really is superb, Chris.  Congratulations.

Thanks Mark very kind of you.  I have now finished the Sea Venom and will get some pics in RFI very soon.

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Chris, seeing you’ve done such a swell job here, I’ll send you mine so that it can turn out just as good! Beautiful work mate. 

Cheers.. Dave 

😄 Thanks Dave, I'd love to say yes but am all Sea Venomed out now.  Thanks fella and thanks for the replacement Decals , you're a life saver.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

.  I have now finished the Sea Venom and will get some pics in RFI very soon.

I'm so looking forward to seeing those, it's been a great build to follow on my return from exile!

Richie

• Thanks 1

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, 32nd scale Sea Venom Finshed, 32nd Sea Hurricane and 32nd Hawker Nimrod next.

Now I finally have some bench space I can move onto the next projects.

spacer.png

The Spitfire is my PR.IV  for the unofficial GB , the yellow peril is a 32nd scale Williams Bothers GB Z racing plane and is for the PRRRS mega GB and the Hawker Nimrod is just about to be started.

No room for the Sea Hurricane as well will have that on a shelf next to the bench gor easy access.  

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 13

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Now I finally have some bench space....

spacer.png

...aaaaand it's gone again! 😆

That nimrod is huge but looks fantastic. Really looking forward to it. Fully converted to the 1/32 revolution of recent? 

Andy

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

...aaaaand it's gone again! 😆

That nimrod is huge but looks fantastic. Really looking forward to it. Fully converted to the 1/32 revolution of recent? 

Andy

😄 Thanks Andy, yes the space lasted about 2 minutes after moving the Sea Venom to my display.  The Nimrod does look a lovely kit and am looking forward to it although a bit nervous about it too.

16 minutes ago, RichieW said:

You are an absolute modelling machine, a very efficient one!

I'm particularly looking forward to the Nimrod. The surface textures look lovely.

Richie

Thanks Richie, I do like to have a few on the go as brush painting takes longer to build up coats than airbrushing otherwise you drag off the previous layer.  The Nimrod has lovely surface details and will be my first 3D printed kit.  

Will start this over the next day or two as I want to get the Spitfire wing and fuselage joined and fettled to get towards painting first and the GB needs yet another coat of yellow too.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 4

Chris,

Lovely to see the Sea Venom complete, and very much looking forward to seeing what you can do with the Nimrod!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Lovely to see the Sea Venom complete, and very much looking forward to seeing what you can do with the Nimrod!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, pleased the Sea Venom is complete and eager to get on with another few projects, hopefully will be able to do the Nimrod justice. 

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ngantek said:

Dunno if it will be useful, but wandered past the Nimrod at Duxford today with all her naughty bits out. I took some random poor quality photos in passing here, possibly I might accidentally have caught a useful feature or something.

Cheers,

Andy

Crikey they're brilliant thank you Andy, that is very kind of you to think of this.  I will certainly have a study and there are some cracking images with some great details. Thank you so much Andy. 

Chris

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey they're brilliant thank you Andy, that is very kind of you to think of this.  I will certainly have a study and there are some cracking images with some great details. Thank you so much Andy. 

Chris

Might want to wait before thanking, my experience with these random unguided flypasts is the uncanny way in which the feature I actually want is always somehow out of precisely just out of shot. I usually end up being more annoyed than if I didn't have the photos in the first place!

I'd love to make a Nimrod in the long term anyway so it's all self interested!

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1