FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

8 hours ago, RichieW said:

100% agreed with this, I have been known to never bother finishing a model so good on you for sticking at it. Those little details will make all the difference to the end result. Good job replacing the pitot mount. The ferocious predator known as the carpet monster has clearly awoken!

Richie

Thanks Richie, the list is getting pleasingly short now , I was gutted when that pinged off still managed to sort out and it looks good, will clean up today and get painted.  

The carpet monster has had it's sacrifice now so hopefully will not be restless for more!!!

Thanks

Chris

8 hours ago, CJP said:

Youve had plenty of compliments already on the Sea Venom but here's another - fabulous job!

Thanks CJP, very kind, it has been very enjoyable and is looking impressive in size and look, very pleased with how it's turned out.

Thanks

Chris

Hi all

Fixed the pitot tube and mount

spacer.png

Built a windscreen wiper from scrap plasticard, painted the blade black and wiper arm EDSG. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Quite pleased with those, it is pretty much finished now I just need to add matt varnish coat and add some final weathering and some chips

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Lovely work Chris! Agonisingly close now,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, yes very nearly there, glad I had a day off to get it to this point, matt varnish added from the canopy back now.

58 minutes ago, Winded Penguin said:

Still looks fab, even with 'take-no-prisoners' close-up photography 👍

😄Thanks WP, yes close ups are cruel, just luck that they looked good , it's far from perfect like you airbrush guys can do

56 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Wicked wiper and perfect pitot Chris, marvellous modelling! :)

Keith

Thanks Keith, it is as close as I could get to the real thing at this size, quite pleased with it and the replacement pitot mount turned out well.

48 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

I just can't find the words to express just how good this is.

Nope, I'm at a total loss.

:wow:

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  nearly there now.  Looking forward to getting my bench space back for the Sea Hurricane and Nimrod.

48 minutes ago, Dr. Quack said:

.......mmmmmmm......chips.

Enjoy your chips - while I'm enjoying your build.

Q

Ooooooo yes, fresh chips from the Air fryer, yummy, I want some now too Thanks Dr Quack.

Thanks guys for your generous comments. 

Chris

• Like 4

Blimey. I’m forever catching up. The swordfish looks great and so nice to see the Venom all done and dusted. Brings back a lot of memories. I couldn’t remember if I’d added a wiper to mine. Had to go see. 
You’ve done a great job Chris. She’sa tough build. 
👏👏👏👏

Johnny

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RichieW said:

That windscreen wiper is awesome!!!! Brought a big modelling smile to my face,  😀Richie 

Thanks Richie, very kind, it did the same for me too😉

4 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Blimey. I’m forever catching up. The swordfish looks great and so nice to see the Venom all done and dusted. Brings back a lot of memories. I couldn’t remember if I’d added a wiper to mine. Had to go see. 
You’ve done a great job Chris. She’sa tough build. 
👏👏👏👏

Johnny

Thanks Johnny,  very kind too.  The Swordfish is a lovely kit and can really recommend.  Pleased with how it turned out.  Pleased with the very nearly finished Sea Venom, though it's been a long journey and almost a year since I started in the Matchbox GB, crikey !!! It has been enjoyable though.  It's big too,  I will photograph my 72nd scale kit next to it soon to see the massive difference. 

Thanks guys, very kind of you.

Chris

• Like 1

Stunning Chris! Is it my imagination or has the Humbrol matt coat helped bring out all those lovely subtle tones from the dot filtering? Looking forward to seeing this cross the finish line.

Richie

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

It constantly amazes me that you produce brush work of such high quality.

I know you enjoy it but it looks incredible.

That is one beautiful Sea Venom.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, I do enjoy it but I still end up with small bits of fluf fibres in the paint  so have to go and rub out when dry , which is annoying.   I don't know if that happens when you airbrush. 

Very pleased with the overall look of it .

22 minutes ago, Quiet Mike said:

Cracking result Chris!

Thanks Mike, it's been a long journey this one, but pleased I have a large scale Sea Venom in the collection.

12 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Stunning Chris! Is it my imagination or has the Humbrol matt coat helped bring out all those lovely subtle tones from the dot filtering? Looking forward to seeing this cross the finish line.

Richie

Thanks Richie, I think it has although I think it will be better in good daylight to show it as under an LED strip light at the moment.   I will take some better photos when finished.

Thanks guys for your kind comments 

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

I don't know if that happens when you airbrush.

It very much does, dust is the enemy of all! I use quick drying lacquer paint these days and still it is a problem. I even tried damping all surfaces in man cave down with an atomiser, covering painted pieces with a shoe box and still the dust got me. My solution now is to take my glasses off when looking at my work. ;)

Richie

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, RichieW said:

It very much does, dust is the enemy of all! I use quick drying lacquer paint these days and still it is a problem. I even tried damping all surfaces in man cave down with an atomiser, covering painted pieces with a shoe box and still the dust got me. My solution now is to take my glasses off when looking at my work. ;)

Richie

I thought it was just me, I like that and will do the same when I look at it from now on😄

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Astonishing work mate - you must be very proud of this one,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, yes really chuffed, it looks impressive in look and size.

Very near there now.  

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

She loves a biggun 😄😉

In that case you are certainly the man to deliver (with the Sea Venom, clearly)

• Haha 2