FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

Just to box off my little diversion, just wanted to say thanks for all the encouraging remarks.

I have duly taken the plunge! Sploosh - belly flop etc...!   Not FAA I'm afraid (but I do have an old Matchbox Fairey Seafox for the future maybe) but have decided to do a compare and contrast of 1/72 spitfire mk 1s - new to me 2010 mould/2018 box  and old stash 1980 mould/1986 box.   First issue - I didn't realise the old one was "Snap and Glue" whatever that is............every day is learning experience 😆

cheers

Rob

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Zephyr91 said:

Just to box off my little diversion, just wanted to say thanks for all the encouraging remarks.

I have duly taken the plunge! Sploosh - belly flop etc...!   Not FAA I'm afraid (but I do have an old Matchbox Fairey Seafox for the future maybe) but have decided to do a compare and contrast of 1/72 spitfire mk 1s - new to me 2010 mould/2018 box  and old stash 1980 mould/1986 box.   First issue - I didn't realise the old one was "Snap and Glue" whatever that is............every day is learning experience 😆

cheers

Rob

Nice Rob , sound great fella and looking forward to seeing your progress if you create a WIP. 

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Not much of an update , I have been doing little bits on the Sea Hurricane and Nimrod but the main work has been on the Seafire.

Cockpit all together,  just added some pipework from the UC selector and seatbelts

spacer.png

spacer.png

I thought I would start a bit of the main assembly but it was so nice and quick and fitted beautifully and within a short time I ended up with this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Radiator and oil cooler added, filled in around their bases with PPP

spacer.png

I know there are shape issues mentioned re this kit, I am not intending to correct these or complicate the build as I feel I need a trouble free Mojo rejuvenating builds the nose and wings will be as supplied.

I may change the prop though  and have Barracuda Griffon bulges . 

Have a good evening and thanks for looking .

Chris

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Great looking update again Chris, nice work!

Sorry I've lost track but what kit is the Seafire?

Keith

Thanks Keith, it is the Airfix 48th Seafire XVII kit, it really does go together well and has been a Mojo replenishing enjoyable build.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Definitely looking splendid Chris,

I may have missed it but what did you use for the belts as they look excellent.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  I can’t put this one down, a cracking kit.  The seatbelts are from the RAF set from Eduard.  

I wanted to do an uncomplicated build as felt ghe old Mojo was flagging a bit.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

I wanted to do an uncomplicated build as felt ghe old Mojo was flagging a bit.

I know that feeling.

Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to further progress with this one Chris as it's looking splendid so far.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AliGauld said:

I know that feeling.

Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to further progress with this one Chris as it's looking splendid so far.

Cheers,

Alistair

No worries thanks Alistair,  I think it's the Sea Hurricane that is making the Mojo flag a bit, just foing little bits on it  at a time at the moment.

Chris

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Hang in there.

You'll get through it.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair

4 hours ago, Dunny said:

Seafire looking lovely Chris - leave the Sea Hurri be!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,  I have just been doing little bits and have gradually got most of the cockpit structure done.  I don't think I have too much to do but then I look at all the bits that aren't in the kit and so there are a few more extras to make up and add.  So might leave for a while as you say, get the Seafire finished and see how I feel.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Roger,  I have just been doing little bits and have gradually got most of the cockpit structure done.  I don't think I have too much to do but then I look at all the bits that aren't in the kit and so there are a few more extras to make up and add.  So might leave for a while as you say, get the Seafire finished and see how I feel.

Sounds like a plan to me, Chris.  You’re making such a good job of the Sea Hurri that it’d be a shame to get bogged down and lose interest.  That Seafire looks like the perfect kit to revive flagging enthusiasm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's looking great Chris. I have just this kit (and the 47) saved up for just such an occasion. I'm tempted to have a go too, but better be careful not to mention it in the presence of the other 6 kits I have somehow managed to start simultaneously...

Andy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Fritag said:

Sounds like a plan to me, Chris.  You’re making such a good job of the Sea Hurri that it’d be a shame to get bogged down and lose interest.  That Seafire looks like the perfect kit to revive flagging enthusiasm.

Thanks Steve, I might well do that with ghe Sea Hurricane.  The Seafire is a joy to build I have to say.  Hopefully the Mojo will be fully revived by this one.

6 hours ago, Ngantek said:

It's looking great Chris. I have just this kit (and the 47) saved up for just such an occasion. I'm tempted to have a go too, but better be careful not to mention it in the presence of the other 6 kits I have somehow managed to start simultaneously...

Andy

Thanks Andy , 6 on the go, you're getting as bad as CC, he has numerous ones on the go all the time😉

You’re gonna love the Seafire kits, they are both wonderful.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

Life has been getting in the way of modelling lately,  late nights at work etc.

I have been able to get over the Mojo issue and have been working on the Sea Hurricane. I decided to fix the cockpit structure in and then I could figure out the placement of a couple of bits.

spacer.png

IP, a lovely yahu item ready to go in , I added some klear to the gauges.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Port side just about done now to start on the Stbd side.

Seafire will need one last coat of DSG

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 12

Thanks Alistair,  pleased with the way it's going now.  I was stuck with the framework and when to attach a couple of bits as the Fly instructions are a bit vague in places,  so stuck it in and it was the kick up the rear I needed.  Set and belts almost done then I will start on the stbd side as a few bits to scratch there.

Chris

• Like 2

Hiya Chris, good to hear the mojo is returning. This time of year always leaves me feeling a bit depleted. The Sea Hurricane interior is coming together really well and looking top notch. The Seafire looks another cracker in the making too. Keep at it mate, you're doing a first rate job.

Richie

• Thanks 1

Chris,

Seafire is looking lovely! Sorry to hear that mojo is low but some TSS loveliness will surely cheer us all up!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Hiya Chris, good to hear the mojo is returning. This time of year always leaves me feeling a bit depleted. The Sea Hurricane interior is coming together really well and looking top notch. The Seafire looks another cracker in the making too. Keep at it mate, you're doing a first rate job.

Richie

Thanks Richie, very kind fella, feeling a lot better now, and now the cockpit structure is fitted that helps.

Seat also added now too with Eduard seat belts, quite pleased with that.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Will add the lower pipework and the last bit's on Stbd side then can close it all up.

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 11

Just now, Dunny said:

Chris,

Seafire is looking lovely! Sorry to hear that mojo is low but some TSS loveliness will surely cheer us all up!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, all better now, mojo levels returned to normal and back on it, like a car bonnet now.

TSS is what I am really looking forward too and on the Hurri.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1