FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

17 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Airfix may have done a good job, but so have you - lovely job on the engine mate! It's got my juices flowing as I shall be kicking off my build today!

Cheers,

Roger

That's very kind thanks Roger, just got to mask that thin shiney strip at the back of the collector,  which is a bit scary!!!  It all fits together very nicely too. You will enjoy this one.

Chris

11 hours ago, mark.au said:

Lovely job Chris, not only looking superb but cracking on a pace as well.  

During my Swordfish build, someone pointed out to me that the thin ring shape in front of the cylinders was actually a post-war addition, war time Swordfish didn’t have it.  In checking contemporary photos I couldn’t find it on any war-time swordfish either.

Thanks Mark, very kind, I will look at that engine ring,  thank you.  

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Your cracking on with this one Chris,

All looks up to your usual high standard.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  really kind.  Pleased with progress  got to do some sanding on the fuse later hopefully. 

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

More progress on the Swordfish,  the Fuselage is together, control cables holes drilled and tail feathers started.

spacer.png

Mark was correct about the silver ring not being present so I removed this and now just need to add the two additional struts to the three cowling supports and the engine will be finished

spacer.png

Quite pleased

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 11

9 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all

More progress on the Swordfish,  the Fuselage is together, control cables holes drilled and tail feathers started.

spacer.png

Mark was correct about the silver ring not being present so I removed this and now just need to add the two additional struts to the three cowling supports and the engine will be finished

spacer.png

Quite pleased

Thanks for looking in

Chris

Nice work Chris - once again I'll be playing catchup this weekend!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Nice work Chris - once again I'll be playing catchup this weekend!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger , a heads up re the bottom part of the fuselage  when I stuck the cockpit in and the fuselage halves together, I then stuck the bottom panel in and mine was not as wide as hhe two fuse halves so needed some filler, it could be just something I have caused but I scraped all the paint of all areas that are to be glued so not sure.  

2 hours ago, mark.au said:

Solid progress, nice to the Swordfishery still thriving despite the Spitfiring ☺️

Thanks Mark , I have also joined the upper wing centre section and spar together so will get the top wing ready and hopefully will be painting soon.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Looking fantabulosa!!!! You’re doing a great job on this little wonder. 👏🙌👏❤️

Bravo that man. 

Johnny

Thanks Johnny,  it is a lovely little kit, I would be further along, but I have been distracted with a Spitfire build !!! One can never have too many Spitfires😉

Thanks

Chris

• Like 3

Hi all Further progress on the Swordfish  with the windscreen aon and faired in a bit, still some work to do there and also the main upper wing mount in and fettled. The square area on top needed reducing slightly

spacer.png

Rearing mount added, just want to tidy a bit on the upper surface

spacer.png

Now fits like a dream on a dryfit.

spacer.png

Upper wings ready for some sanding between the stats and lower wing joined . I am not worried re the holes for bomb racks as will drill out the front ones and then ascertain where the rears go when I construct the brass bomb racks, as they are space slightly differently to the kit ones.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 12

Great progress, Chris.  This seems like a very user friendly kit, and the tail feathers look particularly nice, better even than the Tamiya.  Great to see you making great headway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mark.au said:

Great progress, Chris.  This seems like a very user friendly kit, and the tail feathers look particularly nice, better even than the Tamiya.  Great to see you making great headway.

Thanks Mark, hopefully I'll get the main U/C legs on later so I can get some Sky grey on and get back on with the engine.

It's a very pleasing kit and very detailed too.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

Ye Gods, Chris,

You are belting on with this one and it looks great.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  it is a lovely kit allowing a speedy build.

54 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Nice work Chris, coming on well!

Keith

Thanks Keith hopefully will be on it's undercarriage later and looking more Swordfish like.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, 72nd Taranto Raid Swordfish, 32nd Sea Venom, 48th Walrus on the go and 72nd Beaufighter up soon too
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, mark.au said:

Just powering along in the background there Chris, your Swordfish is looking fantastic, great paint job on the fuselage.

Thanks Mark,  not as far along as I would like but, I've been working on my Son's car with him during spare time.  That is now on the road now so not much more to do apart from servicing and stereo so back to some modelling again 😀  Pleased with the way it's turning out so far.

Chris

• Like 4

Chris,

Some impressive progress and looking good mate! I'm hoping to push ahead with mine on Monday (cheeky day off!), and will use this as inspiration!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Some impressive progress and looking good mate! I'm hoping to push ahead with mine on Monday (cheeky day off!), and will use this as inspiration!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, pleased with it so far, going to put the decals on this morning before I head out to the garage.  You will make great progress on your build I am sure.

Chris

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Cracking work Chris,

I'll need to push on with mine in a futile attempt to catch up with you and Roger.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  you'll no doubt overtake me😄😉 I am a slow builder really.   Decals are all on the fuselage now so will gloss and give it a wash now.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1