FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

Wow, the Sea Venom looks amazing,so nearly there!

That Tiggie Prop is a real thing of beauty, what a great man cave accessory. Your domestic authorities are of the very highest standard! :)

Thanks Richie pleased with the Sea Venom.  Yes SWMBO is wonderful and has allowed me to put it up.  It has a personal connection to her as it was her step mum's Dad's ,he was a glider pilot trainer during WW2  and brought it home upon returning from Service.

I have built a 32nd scale Tiggie as a Glider pilot trainer, before I knew this and when I found out showed her step mum who then told me about her Dad and gave me the Prop. I would live to know his log book to see what machines he flew,  but they can't find this unfortunately. 

Chris

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ngantek said:

Lovely stuff Chris, that wash has really made it pop; the underside in particular.

Very envious of that prop. I do hope your DIY skills are more reliable than mine!

Andy

Thanks Andy  very kind, nose is now on too, pleased with the wash and am just getting thexwing tanks painted, they are taking a lot of coats of red!!!

The prop is great, I made a decent pair of brackets to hold on the wall .

All I need is to find a spinner or prop boss now😄

Thanks

Chris

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

. I would live to know his log book to see what machines he flew,  but they can't find this unfortunately. 

Having the log book would be the icing on the cake. What a world of modelling opportunities that would open up! My grandfather was 2nd engineer on RMS Mauretania in WW1 but that would be just too massive a project for me. Maybe in retirement...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

Having the log book would be the icing on the cake. What a world of modelling opportunities that would open up! My grandfather was 2nd engineer on RMS Mauretania in WW1 but that would be just too massive a project for me. Maybe in retirement...

Oh boy would it, I would love to see it, I would have SWMBO approval to buy all the models:wicked:

Oh wow that would be a massive project and very interesting too in WW1 guise too. Some fantastic weathering opportunities too. 

Chris

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

All I need is to find a spinner or prop boss now

Nope. Seeing as how you're so good at those big scale kits, what you need is to start scratchbuilding a 1:1 scale Tiggie. to stick it on. Is your garage big enough...?! :)

It does look tremendous up on the wall though!

K

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Nope. Seeing as how you're so good at those big scale kits, what you need is to start scratchbuilding a 1:1 scale Tiggie. to stick it on. Is your garage big enough...?! :)

It does look tremendous up on the wall though!

K

😄 Thanks Keith, very good, the garage is long enough just not wide or high enough😉 imagine  the size of the instructions !!!

Chris

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TheBaron said:

And in some style Chris! Wonderful to see such crisp clean workmanship. That Venom is the business.

Thanks Tony, very kind.  I am pleased with it.  Especially as she is standing on all her own feet now with the radome now on.

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

This week I have been concentrating on the Sea Venom and Gee Bee in the GB.

More progress on this one  oil wash now complete and radome on , have given a gloss coat to protect everything for some dot filtering. 

The stance is about right now so it's not a tweaker!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wing tanks progressing well with the chequers decals on

spacer.png

It's all quite pleasing to the eye,  well mine anyway. 

Thanks for looking in. 

Chris

• Like 14

Chris,

That looks superb - oil wash is lovely and you have mastered those tricky chequers!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mark.au said:

Pleasing to any eye that sees it, I reckon.

Thanks Mark, very kind

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Couldn't agree more - looks lovely Chris!

Keith

Thanks Keith, very kind too.

5 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

That looks superb - oil wash is lovely and you have mastered those tricky chequers!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, they are the Revell kit decals they settled well for Revell Decals

5 hours ago, Ngantek said:

This one is looking so good. Well done with the checkers, that can't have been an easy decal job

Andy 

Thanks Andy, I have seen them cut apart completely before,  but thought I would cut them in two and apply that way and it worked, phew!!!

4 hours ago, AliGauld said:

I can only repeat what everyone else has said.

Looks brilliant.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  getting there now.   

4 hours ago, iang said:

That looks very nice!

Thanks Ian 

Cheers guys for your kind comments 

Chris

• Like 2

Hi all

I have been making progress honest 😌 

I have done a bit of dot filtering with oils. Warm cloures on the engine covers and cold colours on the wings and booms you csn see the slight difference on the inner to outer stbd wing

spacer.png

Almost finished the wing tanks, more red to go onto the fins 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I hollowed out the light areas painted silver, added the clear colours and used glue and glaze to the fronts 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now they are pleasing 

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 15

The oil dot filtering is very subtle but makes a big difference if that makes any sense. It's a bit like the salt and pepper in a stew, you don't really taste it much but you'd really notice if it wasn't there.

The tanks look great, the work on the noses is amazing. Oh and I'm still marvelling at the finish you get with a paint brush. I can't achieve that standard with an airbrush!

Richie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely work Chris - I agree with Richie that the filter is very subtle but certainly adds texture to thd finish. Light details superb,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RichieW said:

The oil dot filtering is very subtle but makes a big difference if that makes any sense. It's a bit like the salt and pepper in a stew, you don't really taste it much but you'd really notice if it wasn't there.

The tanks look great, the work on the noses is amazing. Oh and I'm still marvelling at the finish you get with a paint brush. I can't achieve that standard with an airbrush!

Richie

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely work Chris - I agree with Richie that the filter is very subtle but certainly adds texture to thd finish. Light details superb,

Cheers,

Roger

4 hours ago, mark.au said:

Absolutely gorgeous, Chris.  That’s going to look so impressive when displayed.

2 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Yup, what they said.

Beautiful tones and variations and i have to admit the wing tanks look amazing.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks very much guys, I am really pleased with the subtle differences in the EDSG , It's the first time I have given it a try on something so big but appears worth the effort.  

The wing tanks are very pleasing and will certainly add a dash of colour to the model.  The lights came out better than I thought they would, so quite chuffed with those.

Thanks all for your kind comments. 

Chris

• Like 4