FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

Chris,

Cheeky lunchtime coats eh - a man after my own heart! Coming along nicely and it would be criminal not to get this in the yearbook!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all

Ta da, last coat of EDSG  and I have also post shaded it ever so slightly, quite pleased with this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just a small amount to tidy and then get some klear coat on. Good news too, she stands on allvtge undercarriage legs and I haven't even added the weighted nose yet, must be the resin seats and extra bits in the cockpit 😉

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 14

On 11/21/2022 at 9:28 PM, Dunny said:

Chris,

Cheeky lunchtime coats eh - a man after my own heart! Coming along nicely and it would be criminal not to get this in the yearbook!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, sorry for the late reply, very kind fella, desperately trying to ensure it gets into the yearbook. Not too far off now. I had an hour's Flexitime with my lunch time so could get a bit done.  

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Winded Penguin said:

Wow, what a fantastic Vampire 👍

Thanks WP, pleased with how its turning out.

58 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

A work of art.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  very kind fella.

42 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

There's something about a flawlessly applied coat of EDSG that is so satisfying to look at.

Really enjoying seeing this one take shape.

Andy

I am not sure about flawless, but is very satisfying to look at.  Thanks Andy very kind.

33 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Very good it looks too Chris, Quite pleased? I'd be chuffed to bits with that mate!

Richie

Tanks Richie, yes really chuffed really.  Might have to look at some decals very soon

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

Great work Chris, you are making it look a far more modern release by the quality of work and finish! 

My brother bought me this as a birthday present centuries ago and for that reason I will build it eventually 😁

Mike

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, mick b said:

Great work Chris, you are making it look a far more modern release by the quality of work and finish! 

My brother bought me this as a birthday present centuries ago and for that reason I will build it eventually 😁

Mike

Thanks Mike,  it does actually go together very well and looks very impressive in terms of its size.  The extra work in the cockpit is worth doing.  I didn't go as far as some but it'll do.

Thanks for your kind comments.   You'll enjoy it I am sure.

Chris

• Like 2

On 11/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, bigbadbadge said:

White underside done on the Sea Venom , 5 coats !!!

spacer.png

Really don't know how you do this Chris. That white finish is better than many achieve with an airbrush. You must have some modelling magic!

Sea Vixen is coming along great, and now I see we have a Sea Hurricane and a Hawker Nimrod. Two more excellent subjects. Really interested to see the Nimrod build.

Fantastic stuff all round.

Terry

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mark.au said:

Only “quite pleased” in the way Michelangelo was “quite pleased” with the Sistine Chapel? 

😄 Thanks Mark, very kind, I like that, I wish it was as good😉

2 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Really don't know how you do this Chris. That white finish is better than many achieve with an airbrush. You must have some modelling magic!

Sea Vixen is coming along great, and now I see we have a Sea Hurricane and a Hawker Nimrod. Two more excellent subjects. Really interested to see the Nimrod build.

Fantastic stuff all round.

Terry

Thanks Terry,  I did rub away some imperfections between coats , it's not perfect as bits of dust do get in to the paint  I have Psoriasis too which doesn't help.   I imagine your airbrushing will look a lot better fella.

The next two on the bench will be built side by side , always wanted a Nimrod so can't wait to start that. 

Thanks guys for your really kind comments, it is really appreciated. 

Chris

• Like 2

Now I have managed to get some decals on tonight.  

First I would like to say a massive thank you to Dave @Rabbit Leader

Who kindly sent me some kit and the newer Revell decals so I have used a combination of both, the Shark mouth and eyes are from his Matchbox decals and the serials, scripts and codes are from the Revell kit decals  the roundels are Xtradecal ones.

Dave Thanks for sending those, I could not have done it without you.

Main serials are on the wing undersides too, but are covered in softener at the mo.

I used the diluted Klear method to attach the decals. I First saw @stevehnzuse this and am grateful for the tips as easier to decal eve since.

More soon, although I have neglected my Gee Bee in the GB for a few days so may have to do some more of that First

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in 

Chris

• Like 11

Excellent stuff Chris, this Sea Venom is looking so good and I’m glad that a couple of lads from the far flung Antipodes have been of some help along the way.  Not long now till she’s all done and ready for a glass cabinet arrival. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Excellent stuff Chris, this Sea Venom is looking so good and I’m glad that a couple of lads from the far flung Antipodes have been of some help along the way.  Not long now till she’s all done and ready for a glass cabinet arrival. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave, she will look great in my FAA display.   Appreciate your help.

Chris

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I can't take much credit for that system of bedding decals, I'm merely the messenger, sharing it because it worked so well, as your efforts show very nicely. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve, even if you can't take credit it was shared by you and was a revelation to me when it comes to decalling, so thank you fella. 

Chris

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mark.au said:

Only “quite pleased” in the way Michelangelo was “quite pleased” with the Sistine Chapel?

Wot he said - that is quite the best EDSG I have seen in a long time, and the decals are looking great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1