FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

Lovely subjects Chris, I must admit I was shocked when I saw 1/32 Nimrod in the title and laughed when I saw the Lukgraph biplane model. I've never built a Fly or Lukgraph kit, this will be great! 

Richie

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Go big or go home!  

When I saw Nimrod I was was thinking the jet amd was wondering where you’d put it! 😂

😄 Crikey Mark, SWMBO would not be impressed 😬 I would need a bigger mancave!!! I have wanted to build some large scale kits for a while now, so can't wait to get on with these now

1 hour ago, Quiet Mike said:

That Sea Hurricane box art is great. And really looking forward to seeing what you can do with the Nimrod Chris!

Thanks Mike, it is a great picture, shame the writing is there as it would look good in a frame.  Always wanted a Nimrod and so can't wait to start this, all parts now cut fir both kits, so ready to go.  The Nimrod is my first 3D printed kit😬

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Lovely subjects Chris, I must admit I was shocked when I saw 1/32 Nimrod in the title and laughed when I saw the Lukgraph biplane model. I've never built a Fly or Lukgraph kit, this will be great! 

Richie

Thanks Richie, I have never built a Fly or Lukgraph kit before too, looking forward to getting started though.  Always wanted a Nimrod,  such a lovely looking machine.

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 3

Oh yes I'm all about both of those kits. Really looking forward to the builds. They'll make a lovely 'evolution' pair as well. Do I detect some grade 1 bait and switch on the PR IV? 😅

That white coat looks flawless. Worth effort I think (not to mention the 3kg of paint it must've taken!)

Andy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Oh yes I'm all about both of those kits. Really looking forward to the builds. They'll make a lovely 'evolution' pair as well. Do I detect some grade 1 bait and switch on the PR IV? 😅

That white coat looks flawless. Worth effort I think (not to mention the 3kg of paint it must've taken!)

Andy

Tganks Andy 😄 I wasn't going to do a WIP for the PR.IV as I just wanted to build it on the side, but  might well add some in progress shots to this thread.   😉 

The Sea Hurricane and Nimrod are subjects I have wanted to do for a long time, initially buying two Airfix Furys to make in 48th scale,  but when the Lukgraph kit came out I had to get one!!!

Glad the white paint is done I will klear coat and then start on the EDSG finally.   That should look better then .

Thanks

Chris

• Like 3

Hi Chris,

White is looking lovely - 5 coats indeed. Look forward to seeing both of those newbies take shape - the Nimrod is certainly an unusual subject 

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Hi Chris,

White is looking lovely - 5 coats indeed. Look forward to seeing both of those newbies take shape - the Nimrod is certainly an unusual subject 

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,  really glad the white is done 😉

The newbies will be fun hopefully,  love the look of the Nimrod,  seeing the one at Duxford was a real pleasure,  I hope I can do it justice. 

Chris

• Like 3

Oooh,

Now this lot looks good.

Looking forward to progress.

My new Arma Sea Hurricane arrives tomorrow, allegedly, and I'm excited about it.

In my excitement I nearly missed the gorgeous white paint.

Beautifully done.

15 hours ago, mark.au said:

When I saw Nimrod I was was thinking the jet

I did the same thing a few weeks ago when Chris mentioned it and it still catches my attention. :D

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Oooh,

Now this lot looks good.

Looking forward to progress.

My new Arma Sea Hurricane arrives tomorrow, allegedly, and I'm excited about it.

In my excitement I nearly missed the gorgeous white paint.

Beautifully done.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago when Chris mentioned it and it still catches my attention. :D

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  me too.  Oooooooo can't wait to see what the Arma Sea Hurricane looks like. Just been adding a gloss coat to the underside if the Sea Venom so will be onto the EDSG very soon.

Imagine SWMBO's face if I had a 32nd Nimrod jet, it would be too big for the mancave, so would have to be hung from the ceiling in the lounge :wicked:

Chris

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, mick b said:

Hi Chris

I see Hannants have the Berna 32nd decal sheet for the Sea Venom back in stock or are you sticking with the kit ones?

Mike

Thanks Mike, that's handy to know if the ones I have (I was kindly sent a set of Kit ones and the newer Revell ones by Rabbit Leader, as mine went funny), go wrong, I prefer the red shark mouth that Matchbox supply but if all goes wrong with that one, will use the black shark mouth. 

Chris

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I would need a bigger mancave!!!

Mancave? You'd need a hangar. And a campbed to sleep in it after a not impressed SWMBO had shown you the door...!! 🤣

That Nimrod does look a lovely kit, looking forward to seeing you work your magic on it Chris!

And seeing that white Sea Venom underside having had five coats of paint I can see why your brushed paintjobs are so good, I just wouldn't have the parience to wait for each coat to dry!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Mancave? You'd need a hangar. And a campbed to sleep in it after a not impressed SWMBO had shown you the door...!! 🤣

That Nimrod does look a lovely kit, looking forward to seeing you work your magic on it Chris!

And seeing that white Sea Venom underside having had five coats of paint I can see why your brushed paintjobs are so good, I just wouldn't have the parience to wait for each coat to dry!

Keith

😄 you are spot on she would show me the door at that point, I am lucky enough to have a 1:1 Tiggie prop in the lounge, I would definitely be pushing my luck there with a huge Nimrod, even trying to persuade her how beautiful it is would not help!!!

Thanks fella, pleased with how the Sea Venom is progressing now the white coats are out the way and eager to get it done now for space for the two new ones.

It does make the builds take longer waiting for the paint to dry to allow another coat etc 🙄

14 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

It would only be four feet long. You could hang it over the bed...

Only four feet long! Hmm interesting 🤔,  maybe I could just get away..  no no I will be in trouble still, I would have to hang it over the bed in the shed!!!😉

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Nice way to spend a lunch break, added bonus you can possibly add the next coat at knocking off time. 😀 

Thanks Richie, yes always good to use a bit of lunch to do some sort of modelling. Hmm could get a bit done before SWMBO gets in from work:wicked:

Chris

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Yup beautiful finish once again. It’s beyond me how you get such impressive results with a brush! Awesome 

cheers Anthony 

Thanks Anthony very kind. I just use thinned enamel and a wide flat brush, luckily the EDSG pigment is good so hopefully will only take a few coats🤞 will be able to try the decals soon.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 2

I'm impressed, a Sea Venom in 1/32 you don't see many of those being built, I have one somewhere, maybe one day I'll be brave enough to build it.

My cabinets are very light on FAA subjects , I think I only have two, a Seafire and a Sea Fury so maybe I should break out the FLY Sea Hurricane as well.

Cheers

Dennis

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spitfire said:

I'm impressed, a Sea Venom in 1/32 you don't see many of those being built, I have one somewhere, maybe one day I'll be brave enough to build it.

My cabinets are very light on FAA subjects , I think I only have two, a Seafire and a Sea Fury so maybe I should break out the FLY Sea Hurricane as well.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, yes you don't see many on the go, it actually builds uo very nicely, just very simplified in places  so this is where the extra work came in, although i left out the engine.   I started it for a GB but didn't finish in time🙄 

I have a Sea Hurricane on the go next all the resin has been cut ready, also a Nimrod is up next too, I do like having a few on the go at a time!!!

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

EDSG starting to look good.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  hopefully won't be long until decals now.   I must start the Spitfire GB thread now you have yours on the go😉

Chris

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Hey Chris, so good to see that Sea Venom nearing the decal stage… I’ve missed following this build, looking great. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave, only slightly passed the GB deadline😄. I hot distracted with two unofficial GBs for a Swordfish and A Spitfire or two!!! 

I was going to give you a mention when I do the decals. 

I was hoping to finish it by the end of the year for this year's yearbook.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 2