Jump to content

FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,more Seafires and 32nd Malta Sea Gladiator now underway, Martlet V and Avenger 1 now finished.


Recommended Posts

Had quite a bit of catching up ro do Chris as most of my on line time since last Thursday was watching the live stage coverage from the Roger Albert Clark rally, so apols for not commenting on or liking the cracking work done on the Beau so far - that 'pit is really excellent!

 

Hope the boiler got fixed and you've thawed out.... :)

 

Keith

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Had quite a bit of catching up ro do Chris as most of my on line time since last Thursday was watching the live stage coverage from the Roger Albert Clark rally, so apols for not commenting on or liking the cracking work done on the Beau so far - that 'pit is really excellent!

 

Hope the boiler got fixed and you've thawed out.... :)

 

Keith

 

 

Hi Keith, no worries fella, no apologies necessary at all fella, ooooooo hope you enjoyed the Rally. 

Thanks , really pleased with the Beaufighter so far, well chuffed with the cockpit too. Tailplane is now on along with the port wing now, had some fettling and made an error cutting part of the wing from it's pouring block, nothing that can't be sorted with CA and talc though. Hopefully might get some paint on it soon.

 

Heating has been fixed, so nice to have it back, just about warmed up now, bliss

 

Thanks fella, very kind as always

Chris

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FWIW when I was butchering the Airfix Beaufighter tail to fit on a FROG Beaufort, it was quite easy to convert the Airfix tailplane back to the early configuration. So the lack of an aftermarket set isn't a showstopper.

 

Regards,

Adrian

 

PS I keep thinking your cockpit photos are museum reference shots, so you must be doing something right!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

FWIW when I was butchering the Airfix Beaufighter tail to fit on a FROG Beaufort, it was quite easy to convert the Airfix tailplane back to the early configuration. So the lack of an aftermarket set isn't a showstopper.

 

Regards,

Adrian

 

PS I keep thinking your cockpit photos are museum reference shots, so you must be doing something right!

Thanks Adrian,  all wings added and CA and Talc filler applied, will get rubbed down hopefully tomorrow outside.

Thanks , very kind, pleased with how the cockpit turned out, got another one to do with the same PE set too.

 

Chris

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all

Beaufighter progress, wings, engines and tailplanes attached and fettled, really pleased with this, will get some paint on once it all dries off after it's wash off to get all the CA-TALC and resin dust off.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

Thanks for looking in.  Just ordered another Beaufighter to do as a Target Tug 😄

Chris

 

 

  • Like 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Nice!  I hope Draytek pay handsomely for the product placement? 😊

Thanks Mark 😄 that would certainly be great if they did.  That's just a quick and easy camera cover for my work laptop. Works a treat.

 

45 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Good build, looks very clean.

Thanks Charlie, pleased to have it together

 

9 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Fabulous progress, Chris, your Beau' is looking brilliant! The Mk.II looks so purposeful with the Merlin cowlings. Great stuff!

 

Cheers, 

Mark 

Thanks Mark, very kind, it certainly does look like a beastie, it will look great when the spinners and props are added.  Can't wait to get some paint on .

 

Thanks guys

Chris

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

That's looking incredible.

Fantastic progress.

 

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  staring to look like a Beaufighter now, will get the glazing frames painted and the UC bays painted later and then get some rescribing done, hopefully paint goes on over the weekend.

Chris

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, opus999 said:

Wow, I love that cockpit! Suddenly it's an airplane!

Thanks Opus999,  very kind, it took shape quite quickly.  The fit of the lovely Airfix kit is sublime  so far, got a couple more in the stash for radial engined Beau's.

 

Chris

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Opus999,  very kind, it took shape quite quickly.  The fit of the lovely Airfix kit is sublime  so far, got a couple more in the stash for radial engined Beau's.

 

Chris

What about a PR Beau? ;)

 

Cheers, 

Mark

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Stop it Mark, you bad man😄😉 I have just got another one to fo the TT, the Domestic Authorities will become suspicious if I get another too😄

Ah well.....I hear the Tamiya kit in 48th is good :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chris,

 

That's quite the conversion job, masterfully done! It does look like a lovely kit even in original form (ask me how I know) :jump_fire:

 

Cheers,

 

Roger

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...