FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

4 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Beautiful TSS on the Seafire Chris, and the Corsair is looking great!

Thanks Cookie, just hope I can get the Corsair weathering right now 😬

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Lovely work on the panel line wash - the cutter clearly did the trick! The Corsair is also scrubbing up very nicely,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, yes it certainly did, the worry is wandering out of the panel lines and causing more work, I was lucky this time!!!😉

52 minutes ago, Fritag said:

Looking forward to that. Every stage of your finishing process is executed so well, Chris.

Thanks Steve, will hopefully get started later today.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

Hi all

Some filtering has taken place and also some extra fading. The cowling had warmer colours and the fuse and wings colder colours used along with some more fading in some of the panels

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Again warm colours on the cowling panels

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 16

Chris,

Lovely work with the filters - both have a very subtle depth of finish

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Lovely work with the filters - both have a very subtle depth of finish

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, pleased with how they're turning out. Fingers crossed I can get the Corsair right now with the chipping etc. 

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ngantek said:

They're both looking great Chris. All that work on shading and filtering makes a huge difference! 

Andy

Thanks Andy, pleased with the way they are turning out.

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely brush work again Chris!

Keith

Thanks Keith, the filtering has certainly added a further dimension.

6 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Simply stunning stuff Chris.

The filters are giving such a depth to the overall look.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair , more work to go and some chipping effects to come. Hopefully will look good still😬

2 hours ago, RichieW said:

Very effective, that's worked a treat. A nice touch of scale and realism. 👍

Richie

Thanks Richie,  I can’t wait gor the Matt coat now that will hopefully tie everything together.

Thanks guys for your kind comments.

Chris

• Like 2

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod , 72nd Corsair and Seafires, one Seafire finished

Chris,

The Seafire looks superb - just the right level of weathering and the paintwork is up to your usual high standard!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Quite pleased with this one.

And so you should be. it's flippin' lovely!! I fully agree with the two learned gentlemen above about the usual standard of your paint and weathering - simply marvellous!! :nodding:

I'm glad it's a 1b too, as Mark @2996 Victor kindly sent me his part built KP kit (which he'd done a great job on) to finish when he gave up on it when moving up to 48th. I've finished building it now and it's ready for primer, but looking at your cracking model see some details that KP left out - shall have a think as to whether to add them....!! :)

Super job again Chris!

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Splendid Seafire Chris !!

Congratulations my friend..

Painting wizardry as usual !!:partytime:

Impressive really !!

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC,  very kind of you, it is always great to have another Seafire in the display, very pleased with this one.

7 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

The Seafire looks superb - just the right level of weathering and the paintwork is up to your usual high standard!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, very kind fella, I am always weary of over doing the weathering and thought I had better stop and call it done.  Especially as I nearly dropped it too, phew, that would have been gutting.

23 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

And so you should be. it's flippin' lovely!! I fully agree with the two learned gentlemen above about the usual standard of your paint and weathering - simply marvellous!! :nodding:

I'm glad it's a 1b too, as Mark @2996 Victor kindly sent me his part built KP kit (which he'd done a great job on) to finish when he gave up on it when moving up to 48th. I've finished building it now and it's ready for primer, but looking at your cracking model see some details that KP left out - shall have a think as to whether to add them....!! :)

Super job again Chris!

Keith

Thanks Keith very kind of you too.  It was going to be a Seafire II however, I did not have all the bits that I required and so some conversion to 1b was the best route, I am glad too as I have a Special Hobby Seafire II in the stash anyway.

The little KP kits look good and do build up well, but yes they simplified them a bit, when I did BL676 , remember adding the sling points and aerial and IFF wires and underwing pole aerials , the finished model certainly looks the part and so you will have a great model in your collection Keith what ever you decide, I have a couple of their Ib kits in the stash too.

12 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Marvellous Seafire! I really like the weathering and effects on the Corsair too.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian very pleased with the Seafire and can now turn my attention back to the Corsair weathering.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 5

Delightful to see the level of attention ongoing here Chris. Some really lovely work that's building up into a significant collection of subjects  in it's own right. All power to you!

• Thanks 1

Well that's spot on Chris, beautifully finished. Hard to imagine from the finished model that it gave you problems early on. Looks like the real thing! 

Richie

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Delightful to see the level of attention ongoing here Chris. Some really lovely work that's building up into a significant collection of subjects  in it's own right. All power to you!

Thanks Tony, very kind, pleased with the Seafire and crikey I lose track of how many builds on this thread, a good part of my FAA display  has been built in this thread, wow.

7 hours ago, RichieW said:

Well that's spot on Chris, beautifully finished. Hard to imagine from the finished model that it gave you problems early on. Looks like the real thing! 

Richie

Thanks Richie, wow  that's very kind.  Yes the other one us still sat looking at me on the shelf of doom needing the wing to fuselage join sanding. Might have to look at that one soon .

7 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

Super job Chris.  

The more Seafires the merrier.  We have the FAA GB coming up soon.  Are you in for it, if so what you going to build?

Thanks GB, you can never have too many Seafires😉, I did initially sign up but then realised I am rubbish at finishing in time and have too much on the go So backed out. Will definitely have a look in though when time allows.

6 hours ago, Fritag said:

And another one blown away by that Seafire, Chris.  Splendid sophisticated finishing.

Thanks Steve ,  very kind .   I am very pleased with this one .

Thanks guys for your kind comments .

Chris

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AliGauld said:

I'm struggling for words again,

Simply gorgeous, the paint and the finishing.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair very kind of you, I may be able to get the RFI pictures up in a bit, just got to get out in the garden and plant some veggy plants out, now it's cooler outside.

Chris