FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

1 hour ago, 2996 Victor said:

Fantastic work (as always!), Chris - this is really coming together now. I'm picking up lots of valuable info along the way, so thank you all!

Cheers,

Mark 

Thanks Mark, pleased with progress now.

I am also picking up valuable info too😄

Chris

• Like 3

Hi all

A small update,  Seafire underside well underway with a second coat of Sky

spacer.png

I don't know why I do this to myself, I should have left them, but just can't help myself 🙄. I had put the guns too far forward and thought whilst I had changed the other bits that weren't correct I had better correct them too.

Cutting off the cannons

spacer.png

I reduced the length of the mount area, luckily only one was damaged and easily fixed

spacer.png

Reinstated and now a more correct length underside of these now painted. Undercarriage legs on too.

spacer.png

Rear wheel built and just undergoing some fettling.

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 13

Very thorough work Chris, I had a good look round the Shuttleworth Sea Hurricane today. The colours of your model look very faithful to what I saw. Wish I'd thought to take some pictures for you but it was just a quick stop off on my way home from visiting my dad. 

Richie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Very thorough work Chris, I had a good look round the Shuttleworth Sea Hurricane today. The colours of your model look very faithful to what I saw. Wish I'd thought to take some pictures for you but it was just a quick stop off on my way home from visiting my dad. 

Richie

25 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

we have a fabulous walkround of the Shuttleworth Hurricane here

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/76586-hawker-sea-hurricane/

cheers

T

Thanks Richie, very kind, I have been using the walkabout Troy mentioned on here to refer to some details.  Thanks for thinking of me though fella and although a quick visit hope it was a good one.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 4

Chris,

Looking rather lovely, and I'm glad you've managed to fix the cannon - a minor blip in progress!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Looking rather lovely, and I'm glad you've managed to fix the cannon - a minor blip in progress!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, yes fortunately only one got damaged amazingly,  now drilled, pinned and reattached is very strong now.

Just got to add some drain pipes and can start getting the final bits and bobs sorted hopefully.

Chris

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

She's a beauty, Chris! Nice fix with the cannons - one of those things that you can't unsee so always worth sorting! The TSS really suits the Hurricane IMHO.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark,  yes it was niggling at me, had to do it.  TSS certainly does suit the Hurricane.

Chris

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Nearly there on the Sea Hurricane now

Prop assembly built up

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wheels added and panel line wash applied

spacer.png

spacer.png

Blade aerials on Stbd wing

spacer.png

Pitot on port wing

spacer.png

Pole aerial behind radiator, footstep and some drain pipes added

spacer.png

Rudder cables added along with trim tab horn balances added

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 20

2 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Not far to go now Chris,

Looks absolutely splendid.

The paintwork is up to your usual sublime standards.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  getting there although it's getting hard to handle with all the sticky out bits now😬

Just got to figure out how the UC doors were clipped too to avoid snagging cables as photos are not there on many t'internet searches🙄

Thanks fella

Chris

1 hour ago, 2996 Victor said:

Wow, Chris, this is absolutely stunning! Those trim tab horn balances are eye boggling :hypnotised:

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, very kind, they are included in the kit as PE items I do need to add the cables to those still too.

Chris

• Like 1

Chris,

The Sea Hurri is looking superb with the details added - lovely work!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow Chris, that Sea Hurricane is a real beauty. I'm loving all the little details and your camouflage painting skills are second to none. It looks so alive!!!!

Richie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

The Sea Hurri is looking superb with the details added - lovely work!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, pleased with how it is turning out, although have to be careful not to break any bits off. 

3 hours ago, RichieW said:

Wow Chris, that Sea Hurricane is a real beauty. I'm loving all the little details and your camouflage painting skills are second to none. It looks so alive!!!!

Richie

Thanks Richie they certainly do add to the overall look, just got to figure how to cut the undercarriage doors now.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That looks cracking Chris, lovely work as usual with some lovely detail touches!

Keith

Thanks Keith, getting to the final bits now, got a Whirlwind awaiting in the wings, plus my first ship model too, already started really and just starting a Vampire TT too, exciting times😄

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

Some really lovely subtle added detail, especially on the underside shots 👍

Raising the bar really high in -a good way- for anyone tempted to build a Sea Hurricane.

Indeed, your work with dark sea grey etc, could very well turn a young man's head 😄

Edited by Winded Penguin
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Winded Penguin said:

Some really lovely subtle added detail, especially on the underside shots 👍

Raising the bar really high in -a good way- for anyone tempted to build a Sea Hurricane.

Indeed, your work with dark sea grey etc, could very well turn a young man's head 😄

😄 Thanks WP,  very kind indeed.

I had to add the little bits the Troy kindly pointed out and on the walkaround images.  I am quite chuffed tonight as exhausts on , walkways painted and undercarriage doors cut to shape too, hope to finish it in the next few days now.

Chris