FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Well done Chris !!

I love them both, the Seafire is a beauty !!

I'll try more hairy stick job soon !!

Impressive job with the position light on the Hurri....

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC, Seafire is going well and nearly finished, there is some lovely details in the kit, but it does need a bit of fettling.

Glad to hear you're crossing to the dark side with the brush painting occasionally 😉

2 hours ago, RichieW said:

Hurricane is coming along well, the wingtip lights are a lovely touch.

The Seafire, well that is just stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

Richie 

Thanks Richie  yes the wingtip lights are a great touch in the kit. I might get the underside painting started proper later.

Pleased with the Seafire and it has been a joy to build .  Nearly finished too.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris,

Some lovely details on the Hurri, but that Seafire is looking superb!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Some lovely details on the Hurri, but that Seafire is looking superb!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,  very pleased with both of these,  managed to get a decent coat of sky on the Hurri tonight too, a really pleasing step.

Early to  bed for me now though as up at 0500 hrs as in the office in the morning 🙄

2 minutes ago, Winded Penguin said:

Cracking work on all of these models 👍

Thanks WP, really happy with how they are progressing and very nearly finished the Seafire, got another couple of Spitfire to Seafire conversions up next too.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mark.au said:

The Seafire is gorgeous, Chris.  Just gorgeous.   The detail in the Hurricane looks outstanding too, those wingtip nav lights look 1:1 to to me.

Thanks Mark, there's something about a Seafire, the EDSG on one of the most beautiful aircraft I think.

The Nav lights are provided in the kit and is one of the great parts of the kit, it will hopefully look fairly impressive when done.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Johnson said:

Marvellous work Chris. On,,, er,,, all of them!

Cheers!

Thanks Charlie,  pleased with them all at the mo although the Sea Hurricane and Seafire have taken all my attention and I have been negleting the Nimrod 🙄

Thanks

Chris

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Sea Hurricane and Seafire have taken all my attention and I have been negleting the Nimrod 🙄

Thanks

Chris

Totally understandable, the Seafire and Sea Hurri are both looking so splendid.  I've never been able to work on more than 1 model at a time so multi model threads always impress me.

Richie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RichieW said:

Totally understandable, the Seafire and Sea Hurri are both looking so splendid.  I've never been able to work on more than 1 model at a time so multi model threads always impress me.

Richie

Thanks Richie, I thought I would be able to do all three, but I am so keen to get the Sea Hurricane moved along, will get back onto the Nimrod soon.  Nearly completed the underside paint, just one last coat tonight. I always try and do a few at a time as brush painting takes longer to paint so like to have something to get on with in the mean time.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Other things have taken me away from modelling this week as I have been removing and replacing my Son's car Suspension as it was too low and with the state of the roads over here in the UK is was a nightmare to drive, it has taken a lot longer as the replacement Suspension supposedly designed as a straight swap had a few bits that weren't right, typical!!!

Rant over

Back to modelling.

The Sea Hurricane underside is finally getting there,  I wasn't happy with a couple of areas and so redid them after a rub down.  The cannon have been fitted too

spacer.png

Seafire is just about done

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 18

Sounds like you've been doing a 1:1 car kit bash! I remember replacing the fuel pump on my long gone MGB. It took up 4 sentences in the Haynes manual and an entire afternoon of my time. 

I'm in love with that Seafire, I think it's my favourite build from you so far. It's a real stunner!

Richie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Who doesn't like a rub on the bottom. :facepalm:  :coat::sorry:

Nicely done on the Hurricane, looking good.

I still say that Seafire is a thing of utter beauty.

Cheers,

Alistair

😄Thanks Alistair, had enough of the car now, spent 4 days of my leave doing this and due the the two holes that mount the brake caliper carrier being the wrong distance apart it is causing me problems on the nearside, sorted the offside a treat but cannot get the nearside right  I have put it away now and don't want to look at it anymore as it is making me angry now.

2 hours ago, RichieW said:

Sounds like you've been doing a 1:1 car kit bash! I remember replacing the fuel pump on my long gone MGB. It took up 4 sentences in the Haynes manual and an entire afternoon of my time. 

I'm in love with that Seafire, I think it's my favourite build from you so far. It's a real stunner!

Richie

Thanks Richie  pleased with the models, just annoyed with the car,  it's made in Germany and supposed to be TUV approved !!! Starting to doubt that. 😕

Thanks guys for the kind comments.

Chris

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Best to walk away and cool down.

Just wish I could take my own advice more often. :whistle:

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, yes its back in the garage on ramps ready to take apart again !!! Trouble is i can't get to my bike now for my daily ride🙄

Chris

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

The exhaust staining on the Seafire is some of the best I've ever seen

L like the exhaust staining too.  It looks like someone wiped it down with a petrol soaked rag to get the worst off..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cookenbacher said:

The exhaust staining on the Seafire is some of the best I've ever seen

Thanks Cookie, very kind, pleased with how it came out, used Humbrol weathering powders for the staining.

49 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

L like the exhaust staining too.  It looks like someone wiped it down with a petrol soaked rag to get the worst off..

Thanks GB , very kind too, I like that.  This is a cracking kit and has fired the enthusiasm for more Seafires, so a II and a III are up next.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3

Chris,

The Seafire looks simply gorgeous - great effort. That's one of your best paint jobs yet,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

The Seafire looks simply gorgeous - great effort. That's one of your best paint jobs yet,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, that's very kind, will get some RFI photos done today.

It is a wonderful kit too, I am sure would look great in your collection 😉:whistle:

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr91 said:

I think I too need to join the SAS (Seafire Adoration Society).  Great stuff Chris.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I am pleased with the way it turned out. It's a cracking kit and has been a joy to put together.

Chris

• Like 2

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, 32nd Sea Hurricane, 32nd Hawker Nimrod and 48th Seafires

Hi all

Some more progress since finishing the Seafire 17.

3 coats of DSG on the Sea Hurricane, bextcwill be a faded coat for some post shading.

spacer.png

Also started this little Revell 72nd Corsair this will be a simple OOB apart from the Seat belts which are Tamiya masking tape doubled up

spacer.png

Going together quite well

spacer.png

Fuselage went together quite well, just doing some light filling on it.  In the backround there are two 48th scale Tamiya Spitfire Vb cockpits, their seats look a bit weird and squished!!!

spacer.png

The first one undergoing Navalization to a Seafire III, using the MDC conversion.   The second one will be a Seafire II

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 12