FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

Blimmin’ ‘eck!  Been a while since I checked in; that Venom cockpit is stunning.  

[Like many, I’m slightly mystified at the lack of a 1/48 Venom, and I’m not sure I have the appetite for the Matchbox beast]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Blimmin’ ‘eck!  Been a while since I checked in; that Venom cockpit is stunning.  

[Like many, I’m slightly mystified at the lack of a 1/48 Venom, and I’m not sure I have the appetite for the Matchbox beast]

Thank you Ex-FAAWAFU,  that's really kind.  Pleased either how it's turning out.  Yes would have been wonderful to see a 48th scale kit, especially considering how much the old CA kit hoes for online!!! Crikey.  

There is certainly more work than I anticipated on the Matchbox kit, but much nearer paint now.  Just got some last underside greeblies to add after the canopy goes on I think!!!

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

Hi

A bit more progress.

Changed the serial numbers and the code letter to the one I wanted to model.

spacer.png

3rd coat of Aluminium on the Tiggie , one more required and I can  seal and mask and finish the fuselage. 

spacer.png

Control stick in the Sea Venom 

spacer.png

Canopy dryfitted, it fits, phew !!!

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 15

6 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Canopy dryfitted, it fits, phew !!!

That's always a result Chris...!! :)

Everything coming along very nicely indeed!

And the prices of CA Sea Venoms are plain stupid, especially as it's not a particularly good kit - I still have the NF version and it doesn't look brilliant! 

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

That's always a result Chris...!! :)

Everything coming along very nicely indeed!

And the prices of CA Sea Venoms are plain stupid, especially as it's not a particularly good kit - I still have the NF version and it doesn't look brilliant! 

Keith

Thanks Keith , definitely a result , was a bit anxious until that point😉

Yes good grief they certainly are plain ridiculous.  I have not built the CA venoms or Vampire but seen some builds and they don't look easy.  Built their Westland Whirlwind fighter , that was quite a nice kit.  Got their Hudson in the stash!!!:door:

27 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Wow - the Glad looks lovely Chris! All coming along very well indeed,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, finally got the codes and serials for the one I want yo model in three stages of its life.  I have scanned the decals but am having fun trying to change the backtound colour to no colour so I can use on a clear decal sheet.

Now the GB is over for the Sea Venom and I have failed miserably,  the pressure is off and I can play a bit more with all.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 8:13 AM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Like many, I’m slightly mystified at the lack of a 1/48 Venom

Well for a small fortune, there are a couple of Classic Airframes examples for sale on evil bay, around £170 each plus postage, when I checked this morning! We should all keep our fingers crossed that Airfix might come up with a nice new tool in 1/48, after all they did give us new tool Vampire and Sabre in that scale, and before that the Hunter and Meteor.

Love the work on your Sea Venom Chris, and the Moth. 

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Well for a small fortune, there are a couple of Classic Airframes examples for sale on evil bay, around £170 each plus postage, when I checked this morning!

Sold mine on at Telford a few years back for about £15 after IPMS's cut...!! 🤣  No wonder I'll never be rich....!! :rofl2:

1 hour ago, Quiet Mike said:

I'm enjoying dipping in here for my modelling fix while my own workbench is currently idle. Really need to up my game!

Glad I'm not alone, I've just been staring at my bench for about 20 mins - then decided it was easier to come and see what Chris and the other active modellers were up to! :)

Keith

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Well for a small fortune, there are a couple of Classic Airframes examples for sale on evil bay, around £170 each plus postage, when I checked this morning! We should all keep our fingers crossed that Airfix might come up with a nice new tool in 1/48, after all they did give us new tool Vampire and Sabre in that scale, and before that the Hunter and Meteor.

Love the work on your Sea Venom Chris, and the Moth. 

Terry

Thanks Terry,  pleased with the way they are progressing,  the Moth should really pop once the fuselage is painted.

I saw the Sea Venoms, can't believe anyone will buy at that price though, they will have them at that price for a long time!!!

6 hours ago, Quiet Mike said:

Looking good Chris! I'm enjoying dipping in here for my modelling fix while my own workbench is currently idle. Really need to up my game!

Thanks Mike very kind, I was wondering what you are going to do next ? Mine may slow down a bit once my son has finished his exams as we will be doing some work on his car, which I can't wait to drive myself, he may struggle to prize it from me when he starts driving :whistle: 

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Sold mine on at Telford a few years back for about £15 after IPMS's cut...!! 🤣  No wonder I'll never be rich....!! :rofl2:

Glad I'm not alone, I've just been staring at my bench for about 20 mins - then decided it was easier to come and see what Chris and the other active modellers were up to! :)

Keith

Oh man £15  wow, I know the feeling , I will never make a fortune either. 

I often come to the bench and procrastinate for a while.  I find when a model gets to a certain stage I can't  put it down and it progresses well  that's why I am do rubbish at finishing a build in a GB due to the other models I have on at the same time!!!

Thanks guys 

Chris

• Like 2

Hi all

I have fine a bit more to the rear cockpit area and added some decals to the Hydraulic tank and a lead foil strap.

spacer.png

I have done a bit to the canopy latch mechanism , thanks to @canberra kid for posting some drawings of the area and have added some details to try and make it appear better, quite pleased with it

spacer.png

The aluminium paint is done and and have added some EDSG patches as per the photo I have from t'internet although I can only see the stb side so gave just added one on the port side using artistic licence  I have also added dome darker paint on repairs around the foot step and strut area on stb side behind the cowling panel

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 12

Chris,

That's some lovely cockpit detail going on in the Sea Venom - nice latch that man! The Tiggie is also looking marvellous,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

That's some lovely cockpit detail going on in the Sea Venom - nice latch that man! The Tiggie is also looking marvellous,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, it's getting there now, but I keep finding bits to add, I just can't help myself🤪.  Pleased with them both, gloss coat for the Tiggie tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Wah, that venom cockpit is disgustingly good. Great work on the latch!

Hang on, I missed it, when did the sea gladiator barge in!?

Thanks Andy, pleased with the Sea Venom Cockpit,  the Gladiator has been stalled for a while but picked up again and will look to matt coat and get the upper wing started hopefully. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3