FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, Tigermoth, Sea Venom now finished
6 minutes ago, mark.au said:

Nice!  That’s a lovely result Chris and I reckon the gear door is likely an improvement over the kit part.  

Thanks Mark, very kind, very pleased with the gear door, I can't remember if it had the recesses or not , I think you are right it's better than the kit part 😀 

I also made the centre wingfold mechanism parts as they are tiny details on the kit and not correct so a bit of a better representation hopefully. 

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

Lovely result Chris - you've managed to capture subtle variations in tone which I do not think many could achieve with hirsutus baculum (I googled it 🤣). Great to see this cross the finish line - have loved seeing it come together,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely result Chris - you've managed to capture subtle variations in tone which I do not think many could achieve with hirsutus baculum (I googled it 🤣). Great to see this cross the finish line - have loved seeing it come together,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, very kind as usual fella, I got worried looking it up until I added translation , then I got it😄

Really chuffed with the way it has turned out.

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Another beauty Chris with your trademark lovely finish! 

+1 on the nosewheel door too!

Keith

Thanks Keith,  very pleased with this one, cheers fella.  Must get back onto the 32nd scale one now otherwise Pat and Dave will be after me !!!

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

That's a cracking build Chris, well done! Such a cool aircraft and livery.

And very impressed with the man cave display shelves. I like the fact there is still room for a few more! Really enjoy following your builds.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Quiet Mike said:

That's a cracking build Chris, well done! Such a cool aircraft and livery.

And very impressed with the man cave display shelves. I like the fact there is still room for a few more! Really enjoy following your builds.

Thanks Mike, it's a very characterful aircraft and looks good folded or wings extended. 

Thanks the mancave was the last room of the loft conversion and I built the shelves out of scrap ply and some package batten for washing machines etc from a friend who has a shop and has an endless supply.  I will have to get inventive soon though!!!.

Thanks  

Chris

47 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

The Lightning is gorgeous and the Sea Venom is simply stunning.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  very kind as always fella,  started cutting the Sea Vampire parts off yhe sprue last night too.  

34 minutes ago, mick b said:

Excellent results all round Chris

Mike

Thanks Mick very pleased.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all 

Whilst mucking around with the 32nd scale Sea Venom for the GB,  I started this little Cyberhobby Sea Vampire to go with the Sea Venom.  Its a lovely little kit which fits together beautifully  and it all sort of went together very quickly. 

I wanted to do a quick OOB jobbing but have added the seatbelts from the Eduard Sea Venom PE set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It looks a bit Manky around tge nose as I have Sprue goo'd all the panel lines that Cyberhobby added but should not be there!!!.

I will start the Tiggie soon and once I get a bit further on with the 32nd Sea Venom I may start one of my other planned builds , an Airfix 48th scale Walrus and a Trumpeter 32nd scale Swordfish.   Been Itching to get on with some biplanes again .

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 7

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, Tigermoth, Sea Vampire, Sea Venom now finished
21 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Good grief, you're a modelling machine!! :)

Nice work on the Vamp so far!

K

😄 Thanks Keith, I  needed this one as am not feeling the love for the 32nd scale Sea Venom.   This is like a therapy build for yhe mojo!!!

Thanks fella 

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just a small amount of progress on the Sea Vampire,  just painting the EDSG.  I have been getting the paint on the booms and the nose finished off. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry about the poor quality images

Also the photos below are of the cockpit of my 32nd scale Sea Venom that I am building in the Matchbox GB 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I accidentally started a Martlet too, oops 😬 

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

That's a cracking looking cockpit Chris - coming along nicely. Nothing worse than an accidental Martlet...

Cheers,

Roger

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

You are a machine.

Looking braw in the paint.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  it is starting to get there now, once the EDSG is done should look great.

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

These things happen....!! 🤣

😄 Thanks Keith, not dure what happened there but just got it on Ebay and was fondling the plastic and just started it. 

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

That's a cracking looking cockpit Chris - coming along nicely. Nothing worse than an accidental Martlet...

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, pleased with the cockpit so far, just the control stick  pedals and a part of the Ip that goes to the floor to do and can get the fuselage together.  The accident Martlet, usually kits sit in the stash for ages but, I couldn't help myself 😉

21 minutes ago, mark.au said:

The cockpit looks great Chris.  I very much like the idea of a Marlet!  Looking forward to how you go with that one.

Thanks Mark  I just about got away with the trim wheel and the bang seat locations, phew, it would have been a shelf of doom model otherwise!!!

The Martlet is the Airfix kit and is very nice, not sure whether to do extended or folded wings though???

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

Some further progress on the Sea Vampire,  just got to clean up a few areas  and get the decals out

spacer.png

The accidental Martlet is progressing well, this is the little Airfix kit and is going together well.

Cockpit is lovely really and when together mot much visible in yhe Cockpit so is OOB 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Undercarriage unit goes together well

spacer.png

And installed

spacer.png

All buttoned up and wings assembled , got one folded and one extended.  Dug out the Wildcat F4F also to fo a Marlet Mk.V too

spacer.png

I also assembled the main sections of the Sea Harrier engine, which is bigger than the Martlet, cleaned up the joints and now ready for some paint.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, I must get the Tiggie started too as all bits off the sprues .

Chris

• Like 9

I’m as impressed by your organisational skills as I am by your modelling Chris!  Keeping track of three (four?) builds at the same time, at your quality of work is more than I could manage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely work Chris - that Martlet is looking less than accidental with every update! I may need to compliment the stash with a 1:48 version...

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1