FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

On 3/6/2022 at 5:54 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

Chris, I have said it before and I will say it again....how you achieve such amazing results with a brush is beyond me!  Definitely a sign of a craftsman and more difficult than thinning paint and shooting it through an airbrush...amazing!

I agree and I've said it before several times also!

Just amazing Chris. 

Terry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

I agree and I've said it before several times also!

Just amazing Chris. 

Terry

Thanks Terry,  I am pleased with them and have just got 4 more bits to add to the Lightning , matt coat and light weathering and it will be finished.

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

I know it's not an FAA machine or model but I have completed the Lightning. I may add some light chipping but looking at images the machines look very clean and there is nothing apart from exhaust staining really so will only add some light chipping later.

Here's some pics of the Lightning before I do an  RFI over the weekend.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 11

Love it, particularly as it’s different and well executed to boot.  A camo Lightning, very nice Chris.  

I’m curious about where you put your prolific output?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Love it, particularly as it’s different and well executed to boot.  A camo Lightning, very nice Chris.  

Thanks Mark, I had wanted to do one of the P322-1 Lightnings for a while and came across the RS kit , it certainly looks different in the Camouflage colours. Pleased I have one now.

I will try and upload my storage area images

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

Chris,

Love it! It's an unusual scheme for the Lightning and beautifully finished as usual. If I wasn't saving it for a group build later in the year my Tamiya kit would be hitting the bench immediately! Well done mate,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Hi Mark

These are my home made shelves in the mancave, the two boxed kits are just there whilst in quarantine,  it's a bit of a pain to dust though!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Love it! It's an unusual scheme for the Lightning and beautifully finished as usual. If I wasn't saving it for a group build later in the year my Tamiya kit would be hitting the bench immediately! Well done mate,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger  very kind fella, it's  great to be able to do one in DE and DG over Sky.   Oooooo that Tamiya kit looks great, good luck in the GB too. 

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

These are my home made shelves in the mancave

There really needs to be an emoji for “Wow!”  Nice collection, but yes, I don’t envy you the dusting! :D

• Haha 2

Just now, mark.au said:

There really needs to be an emoji for “Wow!”  Nice collection, but yes, I don’t envy you the dusting! :D

😄 it's a  bit of a pain, but I can't afford a bit enough display cabinet!!! Thanks fella. 

Chris

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mark.au said:

There really needs to be an emoji for “Wow!”

:wow:- that says it for me Mark! 

And that really is a wow collection Chris - stunning stuff! 

That Lightning is superb, another beauty to add to the wow collection! :nodding:

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

:wow:- that says it for me Mark! 

And that really is a wow collection Chris - stunning stuff! 

That Lightning is superb, another beauty to add to the wow collection! :nodding:

Keith

Thanks Keith that's very kind fella,  glad I built one, awesome looking aircraft.  I need another shelf now though as will start running out of room when I build the large scale kits, oops!!!

Thanks 

Chris 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Super result on the Lightning (love the scheme), and the Sea Venom is looking very promising too.

I don’t envy you on dusting days though…

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, it is a great scheme on a a Lightning and pleased to have  it in the collection , Sea Venom is very nearly finished now too.

Dusting isn't too bad I suppose😉, I use a soft brush. 

Thanks 

Chris

54 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

What a result. 

Another masterpiece.

Some absolute crackers on the shelves too.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  very kind fella, I am pleased with it.  I need some more shelves now!!!

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

What a collection Chris!

I'm especially impressed with the RS Lightning, I know how difficult that kit is, and yours turned out flawless.

Thanks Cookie,  very kind of you.  The collection is quite a few years work!!!  I am pleased with the Lightning,  it was a bit testing in a few areas but pleased with the result, thanks for your kind comments. 

Chris

• Like 1

That really is some collection Chris!

I cast a careful eye over them and brought some old memories back of builds I did years ago............. the Bristol Freighter, the F27 and ...... is that a Ford Trimotor with them?

Terry

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

That really is some collection Chris!

I cast a careful eye over them and brought some old memories back of builds I did years ago............. the Bristol Freighter, the F27 and ...... is that a Ford Trimotor with them?

Terry

Thanks Terry, yes a Silver City Superfreighter, the Friendship and the Trimotor too.  Got a Herald which I have painted the fuselage and just cleaning up the Nacelles so might progress that soon.

The three you mentioned were all great fun to build. 

Chris

• Like 2