FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

A belated Happy Birthday from me as well Chris,

Late to the party as usual, I'm afraid. :blush:

The Sea venom is beginning to look amazing and The Tiggie too.

Looking forward to more progress.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

A belated Happy Birthday from me as well Chris,

Late to the party as usual, I'm afraid. :blush:

The Sea venom is beginning to look amazing and The Tiggie too.

Looking forward to more progress.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair very pleased with my birthday haul  and pleased with the models so far, the canopy certainly transforms the model.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

Hello Chris,

There is an open canopy option in the kit...

The interior Eduard PE sheet give the side windows that can be opened, but unless one flip the kit upside down and peer with optical fiber, nothing is visible....

My side window is open to show the bacon sandwich and the rum bottle....:rofl2:

Who else ???

CC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Chris,

There is an open canopy option in the kit...

The interior Eduard PE sheet give the side windows that can be opened, but unless one flip the kit upside down and peer with optical fiber, nothing is visible....

My side window is open to show the bacon sandwich and the rum bottle....:rofl2:

Who else ???

CC

😄 bacon roll and Rum bottle, love it.  

Thanks CC, that's great to know, not got that far yet.  I do have the Eduard sets for it and was going to open one of the side windows and one of the windscreen panels .  I have a feeling this might be a long project🙄😄

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

😄 bacon roll and Rum bottle, love it.  

Thanks CC, that's great to know, not got that far yet.  I do have the Eduard sets for it and was going to open one of the side windows and one of the windscreen panels .  I have a feeling this might be a long project🙄😄

Thanks

Chris

But you can manage to finish ahead of me :rofl2::rofl2:

WP_20180205_21_31_41_Pro

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

But you can manage to finish ahead of me :rofl2::rofl2:

I am not so sure CC, I am just starting to paint some bits but need to get the PE bits out too.

Long long way to go!!!🤪🙄  

Your cabin is looking great CC, the bottle and bacon sandwich look fabulous fella.

Chris

• Haha 1

On 19/06/2022 at 15:08, bigbadbadge said:

Hi

A bit more progress.

Changed the serial numbers and the code letter to the one I wanted to model.

spacer.png

3rd coat of Aluminium on the Tiggie , one more required and I can  seal and mask and finish the fuselage. 

spacer.png

Control stick in the Sea Venom 

spacer.png

Canopy dryfitted, it fits, phew !!!

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Chris

Soo this is where the venom has vanished to. 🤩 How did I not see this thread before?  I’ll jump over here to follow the end of this one and all the other wonders you’re creating. 👏👏👏 Lovely to see another Tiggy going too. Looks like you had some photo etch going on. I decided Not to but I think it looks great with it. The canning you have done on the cowl is great also.  Walrus will be fun. I have this kit after seeing @corsaircorp’s bacon butty.  One day it will be started. 😇 until then I have this. 
Happy belated Birthday By the way.

Johnny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mark.au said:

I’m coming in with the latest of late birthday wishes!

Thanks Mark , I am  going to reverse the numbers now so I don't feel old!!!

18 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Soo this is where the venom has vanished to. 🤩 How did I not see this thread before?  I’ll jump over here to follow the end of this one and all the other wonders you’re creating. 👏👏👏 Lovely to see another Tiggy going too. Looks like you had some photo etch going on. I decided Not to but I think it looks great with it. The canning you have done on the cowl is great also.  Walrus will be fun. I have this kit after seeing @corsaircorp’s bacon butty.  One day it will be started. 😇 until then I have this. 
Happy belated Birthday By the way.

Johnny.

Thanks Johnny, good to have you along , I just have so many FAA subjects I wanted to build so thought I would do one long thread.  Still got loads to do!!!  

I do love Tigermoths and have a few to do, the Photo Etch is quite good although I don't use all. The Walrus is a lovely kit and you will certainly enjoy that one.  The Sea Venom is a great kit  Matchbox did a great job in giving us that.  Very pleased with it so far and I am thankful that I was able to tag along with your Sea Venom build which was excellent and very inspiring otherwise I may have still had it sat in the stash!!!

Thanks for your kind comments 

Chris

• Like 5

Hi all

Just a small bit of progress,  the white edges to the glazing added and a first coat of EDSG added to see what it looks like, quite pleased with that

spacer.png

In other news the Tiggie got the section in-between the fuselage struts was painted interior green as per images I have seen.

It's also got the windscreens added.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, mark.au said:

Did you hand paint that white?! 😲

I masked and brushed in the white but hand painted the EDSG frames,  it was quite enjoyable, and little mistakes were gently rubbed away with a cocktail stick. It's simpler than it sounds.

Chris

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

It's also got the windscreens added.

spacer.png

Oh good. They went in. And before the top wing unlike muggins here. 🤔🙃

great work as always. 😀

Johnny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Oh good. They went in. And before the top wing unlike muggins here. 🤔🙃

great work as always. 😀

Johnny

Thanks Johnny, I saw the issues you had on your thread and so you lit the way there.  I often deviate from the destructions too, sometimes for  yhe better and sometimes not😉😄

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 2

Chris,

Lovely work mate - that framing looks superb! The Tiggie is also shaping up nicely,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Chris that cockpit on the Sea Venom looks stunning.

Jaw droppingly good.

The Tiggie is coming together beautifully as well.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair really chuffed with the canopy and the area behind is suitably busy too.

Pleased the screens went on okay and now it's ready for a wash and then the centre rigging and top wing can go on.

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Lovely work mate - that framing looks superb! The Tiggie is also shaping up nicely,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, pleased with the canopy and had to have the white edging, thankfully it worked,  phew.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3

Hi all

A bit more progress a little on the Walrus 

spacer.png

I have rigged tge Tiggie, with elevator wires and double rudder wires, tge fuselage to wing rigging is ready for the soon to be added upper wing  had some real fun with the port side rudder actuator bar at the cockpit which I snapped off, and had to glue back on with the Twin cables attached anx hold in place until the glue went off enough.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 9

Oh, lovely work Chris! The Tiggie is looking superb, and the Walrus progressing nicely!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mark.au said:

Nice, on both models.  What do you use for the rigging, Chris?

Thanks Mark, very pleased, I am using invisible thread for this one, although for the main wings may use Prym knotting in elastic as has a flat profile to it and is stretchy.   The invisible thread in the centre of the fuselage will add strength as not stretchy. 

Mark I have got an Airfix Swordfish that o can do as a Taranto Raider it is Bomber version , it looks a nice kit, I will start that one on here soon  I was going to do the 32nd scale Trumpeter kit in the stash, I still might when I get one of the others out of the way .

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Oh, lovely work Chris! The Tiggie is looking superb, and the Walrus progressing nicely!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger , hopefully I might be able to get the upper wing in place later on the Tiggie, fingers crossed.

Walrus is taking shape nicely,  there is quite a lot in the interior , crikey.  Lovely kit and great fit so far. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Nicely done with both.

Fantastic save of the rudder actuator.

There seems to be a rigging theme going on today. Hmmm...

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  yes I am mainly, apart from the Sea Venom doing Biplanes at the moment 

Fear yea not though,my Sword  Avenger arrived this morning , fortunately the Domestic Authorities were not in so duely snuck into the stash for me to go  I've had that one for ages!!!

Chris

• Haha 3