FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

Thanks Alistair,  very kind, very pleased with them.

No modelling tonight for me, I went out to a bit of a party at a colleague's house this afternoon and evening and have drunk a bit more than I thought I would so not risking adding wonky parts or painting 😄

Chris

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Good plan, a Tiggie with the upper wing on back to front wouldn't fly right....!! 🤣

K

Now that would have been funny,  a very confused Tiggie 😉 fortunately no hangover this morning, but I have to go out again today for a meal 🙄 and tomorrow for a meal too , I haven't been out three days off  the trot since I was in my 20's.  I might need the rest of the week to recover😄

58 minutes ago, mark.au said:

All looks really good Chris, definitely up to your usual quality product.

Thanks Mark,  need to up my Biplane game as have a special model to build in in the near future !!!

47 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Lovely work. Must be nice to be working on two such contrasting aeroplanes.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian,  yes very contrasting,  it does help with Mojo levels . There will be more biplanes with  the Walrus next Swordfish coming along with a 48th DH89 too. 

Thanks guys

Chris 

• Like 2

Hi all

Some more work on the Sea Venom,  canopy interior is finished with the latch mechanism painted and the bit that extends to the rear external lever added. Canopy now glued on, need to sort out join to fuselage and then move onto finish underside 

spacer.png

The Tiggie has been glossed ready for decals before I add the fuselage struts and fuel line and rigging etc.I have added the anti rubbing plates or patches to the rear of the strakes to stop rudder cables rubbing.  Walkways added too

spacer.png

I have also started on the Shagbat too lower Hull and interior bits added.  

spacer.png

I had a day off today to recover from my Birthday yesterday,  so whilst out in the garage working on a loco  a model one that is !  I cut some resin for an FAA Beaufighter I want to build. 

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

That Venom and Tiggie are looking absolutely splendid.

Nice to see the Walrus kicking off too.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, pleased with all so far, hopefully will get the decals on the Tiggie next.

I treated myself for my Birthday and got a 32nd (yes another) Tigermoth and the Eduard and CMK extras. Very pleased.

Chris

• Like 2

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, 1/48 Tigermoth, 32nd Sea Venom, Walrus. Swordfish and FAA Beaufighter up soon too
16 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I treated myself for my Birthday

Happy belated birthday Chris, hope you had a good one! :)

16 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

and got a 32nd (yes another) Tigermoth

You've got 32 Tiger Moths? Bit excessive isn't it....??!! 🤣

OK, I've got me :coat: (bit warm with it on indoors though, so I'm out the :door:)

Keith

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Happy belated birthday Chris, hope you had a good one! :)

You've got 32 Tiger Moths? Bit excessive isn't it....??!! 🤣

OK, I've got me :coat: (bit warm with it on indoors though, so I'm out the :door:)

Keith

Thanks Keith, had a relaxing day and a nice meal.  

Ha ha😄 , although I do have a few Tiggies (now got 8!!! 🙄) I would really love Airfix to do a 24th scale kit of one and I will be really happy.  

Thanks fella.

Chris

• Like 3

Hi all

Decals on the Tiger Moth, using two Xtradecal roundels and two 1/72 roundels from the 72nd kit along with Xtradecal serials and Royal Navy scripts

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Quite pleased with those   thanks for looking. 

Chris

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Quite pleased with those 

As you should be, everything is looking really sharp!

What kit is the beaufighter coming from? I can never find anything about FAA beaus for some reason.

Belated Happy Birthday too!

Cheers,

Andy

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ngantek said:

As you should be, everything is looking really sharp!

What kit is the beaufighter coming from? I can never find anything about FAA beaus for some reason.

Belated Happy Birthday too!

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks Andy, very kind, it does look good, once protected I can add the final fuselage bits and apply a wash , then rig the rudder and elevator cables and then add that top wing.

The Beau is the Airfix 72nd Mk.X and the CMK Mk.II conversion which is very comprehensive.   I an looking to do an all over silver machine .

Thanks for your Birthday wishes too.

Chris

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Quite pleased with those

You certainly should be.

7 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I an looking to do an all over silver machine

And ooh that's one to watch.

Well, they all are really but you know what I mean.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

You certainly should be.

And ooh that's one to watch.

Well, they all are really but you know what I mean.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair very kind, I am looking forward to the Beaufighter, the Walrus is a lovely kit to and recommend it so far!!!

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

Some more small steps,  canopy blended in a bit

spacer.png

Fuselage struts added

spacer.png

Rudder and tail skid added

spacer.png

Upper wing resting in place on the fuselage struts, not long now!!!

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 12

Chris,

A Happy belated birthday to you! Both Sea Venom and Tiggie are looking awesome - the canopy framing on the SV is so crisp!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

A Happy belated birthday to you! Both Sea Venom and Tiggie are looking awesome - the canopy framing on the SV is so crisp!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,  pleased with the progress although the Tiggie has taken most of my attention at the mo.  I have to do the white strips at the edges of the SV glazing next then can finish underside and hopefully get some paint brushed on , hopefully. 

Thanks fella 

Chris

• Like 1

I am sooooo looking forward to how the Sea Venom comes out Chris.  The cockpit looks great, and the plastic is clear enough that your good work in there will be seen.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

I am sooooo looking forward to how the Sea Venom comes out Chris.  The cockpit looks great, and the plastic is clear enough that your good work in there will be seen.

Thanks Mark, pleased with the canopy so far, just got to do the white edges to the glazing and then I don't think I can resist getting the EDSG on the framing to see how it looks.  The glazing is very clear too, amazing really considering it's age.

Thanks 

Chris

A bit late as usual with me... But Happy Birthday !! I hope that you enjoyed it !!

Great production line, stunning job on Sea Venom !!

I love that FAA Tiggie !!

And now the steam Pigeon !! Well done !!

I will finish mine soon (and may be start the 2nd one)

Congrats Chris !!

CC

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

A bit late as usual with me... But Happy Birthday !! I hope that you enjoyed it !!

Great production line, stunning job on Sea Venom !!

I love that FAA Tiggie !!

And now the steam Pigeon !! Well done !!

I will finish mine soon (and may be start the 2nd one)

Congrats Chris !!

CC

Thanks  CC, treated myself to a load of extras for my 32nd scale Tiggie kit. Oh and a 72nd  Westland Wasp kit too from Air Graphics Models, which I can't wait to arrive.

They are all progressing well and yes I have started the Steam Pigeon, I was hoping I might find a Vacform canopy as I was thinking of opening a couple of screens in the canopy,  but can't seem to locate one, oh well might leave as is in that case. It's a lovely kit so far

Thanks fella good luck with yours too.

Chris

• Like 3