Aoshima 1/24 Nissan Fairlady Z

So my first car build for a while is completed and I've thourghly enjoyed myself 🙂. This is a very nice kit from Aoshima and goes together really well. I decided to not use a clear coat on this build or any polish so the finish albeit not perfect is straight out of the airbrush. I'm beginning to think that the finish looks more realistic without a super shiny finish though no doubt I suppose opinions will differ. Anyway I'm happy with the results and here's a few more pics of the finished build 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The arrival of my next build is imminent and as soon as it arrives I'm going to crack on with it. Thanks to everyone who followed the wip and thanks for taking a look at the finished build.....back soon 🙂👍

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Looks really good Andy, and for an out of the gun, unpolished finish it's superb!

Top job, and great to see an Andy J car build again!

Keith

Thanks Keith I'm glad you like it 🙂👍. I will be making a start on the next one tomorrow 😉👍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

You were right about the decals pulling it altogether. Top build Andy, highly impressive.👍

Thanks Stef i appreciate your comment mate 👍 

Although I'm not a fan of the over-modified look, this one has (very quickly!) built up into a sharp-looking model. I think the black-and-white contrast has given it a bit more presence and it will looks good on the shelf (assuming you haven't filled it).

As for the shiny/not shiny paint debate you mentioned, I don't think there is a right answer. Just look on the roads, and you'll see really shiny cars and ones with very dull paint. If the real world is like that with all different types of finishes, I'm sure the scale world can be too.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Although I'm not a fan of the over-modified look, this one has (very quickly!) built up into a sharp-looking model. I think the black-and-white contrast has given it a bit more presence and it will looks good on the shelf (assuming you haven't filled it).

As for the shiny/not shiny paint debate you mentioned, I don't think there is a right answer. Just look on the roads, and you'll see really shiny cars and ones with very dull paint. If the real world is like that with all different types of finishes, I'm sure the scale world can be too.

Thanks Spiny and your absolutely right regarding the different levels of finish in the real world . I've been looking for a new car for about 18 months now and can't believe the different levels I've come across and that includes a lot of different manufacturers. It usually takes me about 2 years to change my car so I best get my finger out 🙂👍

• Like 1

Very nice result. Regarding the shine - I've often wondered what the "scale" of a shine is. Duplicating a real car's depth of shine is then 1:1 shine not 1:24. 

I have a 350z, albeit an unmodified ones. Great cars.

Edited by galaxyg
  • Like 1