Xtrakit Vampire FB Mk.5

Hi all

I have been working on this one as a distraction on my main Ventura Target Tug build and this is the last distraction build on the thread. 

This is the Xtrakit version of the MPM/Special Hobby kit.  The kit is very nice although the wing is too wide  which in turn makes the air intakes too small.  I did not change this as this would have been too much of a project  so built from the box really. 

Painted Humbrol 56 by brush and weathered withan oil paint wash.  I had to make a new Pitot as the kit one broke off during construction.   

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I enjoyed this kit and have purchased a Heller kit to try and convert to a Sea Vampire. 

Thanks for looking in 

Chris

• Like 57

Hello, Chris -

Great work (as always) on your Vampire - this was one to obviously get your teeth into ........!!

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

That's rather tasty :clap:

Thanks F-32,  is a lovely kit, just a shame about the wing with and the intakes. 

1 hour ago, Epeeman said:

Hello, Chris -

Great work (as always) on your Vampire - this was one to obviously get your teeth into ........!!

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, like what you did there 😄 can't wait for yhe Airfix one now, that should be good.

Chris

• Like 1

Very tasty Vampire!

And even better in the last three photos – at first I thought, what an odd, bronze colour, before realising that your camera's automatic white balance was completely led astray by the blue background.

Very nice work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very tasty Vampire!

And even better in the last three photos – at first I thought, what an odd, bronze colour, before realising that your camera's automatic white balance was completely led astray by the blue background.

Very nice work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim , yes I need to make a larger base to take photos on.  The grey sky today didn't help too. Am using my mobile phone to take photos now and am definitely no expert at photography. 

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

That's one good looking Vampire there.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, it a lovely kit to build.

Chris

• Like 1

Very nice Chris,..... a lovely, well used Vampire there and brush painted too,...... what is there not to like,,,,, especially as silver isn`t the easiest colour in the world to brush paint,... but then you did all of that yellow on the Ventura,.... even I`m not that mad!!

Cheers

Tony

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Yes, that's very cool.

Thanks JRK, I do love a Vampire. 

20 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Very nice Chris,..... a lovely, well used Vampire there and brush painted too,...... what is there not to like,,,,, especially as silver isn`t the easiest colour in the world to brush paint,... but then you did all of that yellow on the Ventura,.... even I`m not that mad!!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, you are too kind, I find the Humbrol 56 paints really well slightly thinned and gives a great finish, yes I think I am a bit mad though, doing a large yellow aircraft🤪. I have another yellow machine on the go now too. Crikey. 

Chris

• Like 1

Chris,

This thread just keeps on giving. Wonderful work as well as all others - well done!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

This thread just keeps on giving. Wonderful work as well as all others - well done!

Cheers,

Roger

Ha ha thanks Roger, very kind of you fella.  The build thread is now finished with. I have started a new one now.

Chris

2 hours ago, BerndM said:

Thats a really nice Vampire. Congrats !

Thanks Bernd, very kind. 

1 hour ago, Brigbeale said:

Excellent work there Chris.

I’m hoping my Shackleton turns out at least half as good.

:goodjob:

Thanks  Brian , very kind of you too fella.  Your builds are great, especially with what you do with the restoration work  and the Shack is going to be fantastic. Hope you're feeling better 

Chris 

• Like 2

Hi Chris. Another fantastic build - especially impressive in 1/72 and brush painted metallic paint! Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Chris. Another fantastic build - especially impressive in 1/72 and brush painted metallic paint! Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix very kind, although I find the Humbrol 56 brush paints very nicely when thinned a bit .  I used to be scared of painting silver aircraft.  Natural metal still scares me though!!!

Thanks 

Chris 

32 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

Excellent little Vampire that! What squadron are those markings, is it 6 Sqn?

Thanks your Lordship,  very kind, the model is of a 502 (Ulster) Sqadron  from RNAS Sydenham.   It's one of the two options in the kit.  Decals were very thin and settled very nicely although I did have to replace one of the V9s as tge little blighters  curled up on me then broke when trying to sort out!!!

Chris

• Like 1