Red Army Weapons: Motorcycle, Komsomolets, Limbers and Guns

spacer.png

Russian 45mm AT Gun M1942:

This weapon is a 45mm model 1942 anti-tank gun with L / 62 type cannon tube. It weighed around 510kg (1125lb) and fired a projectile of 1.43kg (3,15lb) with penetration capacity of 51mm of shielding to 1000 m of distance. Despite the small caliber, the weapon was so efficient that it remained in service in the Red Army throughout the war, actively participating in the battles for the Motherland Defense and in the fronts of attack during the invasion of Germany.

This kit is from Alanger (35101) in the 1/35 scale. In the assembly, I used wheels model 1942 and Modelmaster acrylics paint and Vallejo washing.

spacer.png

KONSOMOLETS TRACTOR AND CREW:

I used Miniart figures to detail the tiny Russian T-20 tractor. With few adaptations in the posture of the figures a good result is obtained. The heads are in resin from Verlinden and Alpine. The heads of the Miniart figures are not good.

spacer.png

spacer.png

SOVIET TRACTOR AND LIMBER:

An interesting combination of kits to replicate the initial phase of the war on the eastern front and use the T-20 Konsomolez. In this scene, I put this little tractor towing a light gun limber of the type 52-R-353M model 1938. This version is with wheels of an older model, since the limber model 1942 used the same type of wheels of the trucks GAZ- AA. Both kits are Maquette and as Miniart figures. Scale 1/35.

spacer.png

SOVIET REGIMENTAL 76mm GUN M1943:

This kit is from Alanger (35102) in 1/35 scale. It is not a very common kit to see, but due to its small size it fits very well in the scene of a diorama on any subject from Kursk. it can also be painted in camo tricolors, to be captured by the Germans.

spacer.png

spacer.png

SOVIET 45mm ANTI-TANK GUN M1938:

This kit is from ICM (35022) in the 1/35 scale. In the assembly, I used bicycle spokes to make the older model (M1938). In Modelmaster acrylic painting and finished with Vallejo.

spacer.png

SOVIET MOTORCYCLE M72 SIDE CAR:

This kit is from Zvezda (3639) in the 1/35 scale, Modelmaster acrylic painting and finished with Vallejo. I put it in a corner of any diorama just to show the model with more realism.

spacer.png

All kits were easy to assemble, simple to paint, just trying to share the result of the work.

Best.

Fábio.

• Like 28

On 09/05/2021 at 07:11, Geo1966 said:

Some lovely builds and the diorama is fantastic also. Can we see more of the diorama please?

George

Excellent work, could you post more pictures?

Manuel

Hello guys!

I will publish later. I will present my complete dioramas here. I have a Stalingrad diorama ready, I think it will be the next one to present. In addition, I have a series of dioramas about the Netherlands (Battle of the Corridor), which need to be finalized .....

There are a lot of interesting dios on the way and this forum is a really cool place to show off.

Thank you for enjoying it!
Best,
Fábio.

Edited by fpmeyer

Great work all round on some unusual subjects. Got to agree with you about Mini Art heads.

The Germans must have heard the Russians coming for miles with all those medals jangling!

Pete

• Haha 1