Heinkel He111H-8 Balloon Fender

My next project is to build a He111H-8 by using the Revell/Hasegawa H-6 kit (plus props & spinner from the Airfix P-2 kit) and scratch building the actual balloon fender so I just have a couple of questions please:

Firstly (and most unlikely) does anyone know of any scale plans that may exist for the H-8 variant?

Secondly what would be the best material to build the fender brackets and supports? I have quite a selection of plastic rod, strip and sheet in various widths/thicknesses but they may be quite flimsy given how thin the brackets and supports will need to be in this scale. One caveat is that I am hopeless when it comes to soldering so wire may be out of the question unless it can be bonded using expoxy resin perhaps?

Regards

Colin.

Steve,

Thanks for this.

This Hasegawa kit (long out of production but Amazon currently have one for £86!) appears to have the fender and brackets as a PE set which I imagine would also be quite flimsy so I'm thinking of perhaps using brass rod/tubing instead but only if this could be fixed using epoxy resin or similar - but would this work?

The kit I intend to make is the H-8 that set out to bomb the Birmetals Aluminium works at Woodgate in Birmingham but got lost and ended up being shot down at Earlswood not far from me on 10th May 1941.

Regards

Colin.