1/72nd Airfix Dakota, 41 Sqn, RNZAF

10 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Apologies for not following this thread, however what paint / decal issues you may have had are certainly not noticeable in these beautifully finished photos. That’s a real gem of a Dak to have in one’s collection and its so nice to see one in this scheme. Three cheers to @stevehnz as well for playing his part in this build. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

Thanks Dave and most certainly Steve was the key player behind this model.

1 hour ago, kiwitrogg said:

Hi Tony, lovely job on the old girl, and a scheme I haven't seen before.  Once more you're giving me ideas :hmmm:.

As it happens the 1/48 version I built a few years ago (doesn't time fly!) was also of 3546 as it was in later life as a target tug.

Well done :worthy:

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks Gaz,.... well there you go,.... small world eh,.... I hadn`t realised the Dak went on to become a target tug. Is your model posted on Britmodeller?

15 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Thanks Dave and most certainly Steve was the key player behind this model.

Thanks Gaz,.... well there you go,.... small world eh,.... I hadn`t realised the Dak went on to become a target tug. Is your model posted on Britmodeller?

Yup, this one.  NZ3546 from a few years ago.

I'm doing a bit of a catch up.....your Kiwi build count is just about the same as the number of aircraft we currently fly :D.  Love the Catalinas as well.

Gaz

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 8:26 AM, woody37 said:

Great scheme and finish again mate, who couldn't like a Dak?

Cheers Neil,.... I`m waiting for you to do a nice Dak mate! 

On 5/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, kiwitrogg said:

Yup, this one.  NZ3546 from a few years ago.

I'm doing a bit of a catch up.....your Kiwi build count is just about the same as the number of aircraft we currently fly :D.  Love the Catalinas as well.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz,... just seen your Dak,.... what a beaut mate!! LOL,.... yeah the RNZAF has suffered somewhat thanks to politicians,.... less said the better eh!

3 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

A C-47 in overall metal finish is indeed an impressive view!  

Thanks,.... yeah the Dak does look special in overall silver for sure! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Tony -  Another superb build, dear friend.The Dakota is a great subject and I love your chosen scheme.🏆👏😉👍

Thanks Paul,.... very kind mate. 

• Like 1