What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

Been listening to Onuka's new album released last Friday.

The flute sounds played by her are the traditional Ukraine sopilka. Never heard anything like this before, synth music along with a full backing orchestra in the mix.

• Like 3

Jethro Tull, Live Bursting Out. The outro to Locomotive Breath where Martin Barre totally hammers the Dambuster’s March. Gets me every time!

• Like 4

After watching Legends at Glastonbury tonight - Oh, the divine Shirley * and Kylie !! -  am listening to the Bee Gees ultimate Greatest hits, with Paul Simon's Graceland lined up for later.

The show highlighted songs by most of those who played the Glastonbury Sunday night Legends spot, with a few others. I revelled in performances by Paul Simon, The Who, Paul McCartney, the Pretenders, Chic, Eddy Grant, Status Quo, Dolly, Kenny Rogers, Dame Shirley Bassey and Kylie, whose whole performance at Glastonbury was shown last night on BBC 2.

Given my prediliction for pounding bass, thundering drums, wailing guitars and throbbing organs (Oops - I forgot this isn't a Ced build thread) you might be surprised that I think so much of Kylie, but I love great pop music, which Kylie has, of course, delivered in spades over the years. And having seen Kylie 3 times in concert, with wife, daughter and her ex who shall no longer be referred to, can confirm that Kylie's shows are rip roaring great pop extravaganzas, filled with loads of sly over children's heads humour (gay and otherwise) and immensely entertaining.

(* For some reason, I can never think of the divine Dame Shirley as anything other than Burly Chassis.

Which she was never, of course.)

• Like 4

An old but brilliant one which came up on the Spotify playlist (such a heart rending performance)...

Followed by something brand new, refreshing and quirky form two young ladies from the blessed homelands (the Isle of Wight for the unknowing amongst you)...  ...if you don't like this, your ears are switched off and punk has passed you by hippy!

Followed by the best song ever about the apocalypse, by the ONLY band that matters

• Like 5