What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

10 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Excellent news for record shops if you can find any. Haven't purchased any vinyl in years though & the turntable hasn't seen use in about fifteen.

Visited one in Malvern and two in Cheltenham yesterday.

Thankfully vinyl here is very much alive and kicking and the turntable has never not been used!

Rick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick Brown said:

Visited one in Malvern and two in Cheltenham yesterday.

Thankfully vinyl here is very much alive and kicking and the turntable has never not been used!

Rick.

I assume the one in Cheltenham is Badlands, last visited them back in 1999. Good to hear they're still going. Do a good service on eBay, one of the few sellers I would order CDs from online. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Excellent news for record shops if you can find any. Haven't purchased any vinyl in years though & the turntable hasn't seen use in about fifteen.

Out Of Time records still going in Ipswich after over 40 years trading.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 11:57 AM, lasermonkey said:

I often wonder what the meeting at RCA board room must have been like when they listened to Low for the first time, what with it opening with an instrumental and the uncommercial nature of the record. Even Sound And Vision, arguably the most accessible song on the album, takes quite some time before any singing starts.

I remember Sound and Vision being used for the continuity sequences between the programmes on BBC1 at the time.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:31 PM, Lightningboy2000 said:

Haven't owned a turntable myself for a long time now.  I think I made my last vinyl record purchase around the mid 2000s.  It was Liberty Belle and the Black Diamond Express by The Go-Betweens.

Big Science. Laurie Anderson.  '82 ...

Playing from a translucent red vinyl LP ( newly re-issued in '21 ) on my Audio-technica AT-LP60 through a Dual CV 1160 amp.

• Like 2

Band-Maid.  These Ladies are great.  Hard, driving rock.

Fair bit of strobe lights etc.  Watch another of their vids if strobes cause issues for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVrN-j_Uc0U

Why the outfits?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band-Maid

The sound very good live as well, unlike some other "talents"

Edit: Seems a certain Mr. Page met the group backstage/is a fan. 

Edited by NoSG0

Tangerine Dream, The Sessions VI.  '21..

distracted by The Virgin Years 1974-1978.  '11...

Edited by Mick4350
  • Like 1