What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

Love BoC and DP, and seeing them live later this year decided to let go of FB, know its useful at times, but also it became the only way to communicate with some of of my friends and they could not understand why it was not the universal best sharing platform of all time.

I had to let it go recently, face book is stale for me, also ever now and again some posters get a good clue of a new kit and onl,y way new kit company communicates is with FB .

I wish the world never revolved around FB.

Love this DP early stuff

Edited by One 48
  • Like 6

Can't imagine Adele creating a song about Sellafield, or for that matter recording dark electronic music similar to early Tangerine Dream.

Interesting narration from Nata translated into English.

• Like 3

On 3/5/2022 at 5:10 AM, One 48 said:

🇺🇦

Love this song, Gilmour at his best on this one for sure ... I want to say something but I cant, have tears in my eyes watching and listening to this just now, from the Division Bell album, such a hauntingly beautiful and somehow perfect song for now.

Shot on location, in Space and on Earth, this is apparently the only Pink Floyd song to ever win a Grammy award and was rarely played live at Floyd Shows, seen Floyd Live at Earls Court 1994 and I'm pretty sure it was not played live the night I was there.

Love the video, so appropriate now it seems.

Is that Prypiat near Chernobyl at the end of that? This track is incredible, does have the same effect on me with a bit of damp eye & funny that I've coincidentally uploaded an Onuka video "Mainland" which was filmed in the same location. Onuka released a whole E.P. completely dedicated to Chernobyl. She is also a big Pink Floyd fan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Is that Prypiat near Chernobyl at the end of that? This track is incredible, does have the same effect on me with a bit of damp eye & funny that I've coincidentally uploaded an Onuka video "Mainland" which was filmed in the same location. Onuka released a whole E.P. completely dedicated to Chernobyl. She is also a big Pink Floyd fan. 

Yes mate, part of the video is shot at Pripyat, Floyd were not there of course, but this was filmed for them for this song, Dave Gilmour is amazing on this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, One 48 said:

RIP Taylor Hawkins, whatever the cause of his death was, he was a good kind man with a lot of time for his fans.

That's brilliant! Don't think I've ever seen mass audience participation as good as that before. So so sad to hear about his death. Terrible news.

• Like 2

I’m reading a biography of Ray Davies at the moment, and I have to say I had, as I’m sure most know, known he was a difficult man to deal with, but my goodness, I had no idea just how difficult he could be!

The Kinks had the usual run ins with their management and court cases, and I’ve got to the middle ‘70’s just after Lola was released.

To accompany the book, I’ve been listening to the Kinks ultimate collection, there are 18 classic singles, and quite a few brilliant album tracks.

• Like 3

@Ratch ,

I doubt a month goes by without someone posting a track or an album here that just makes me turn to my CD rack to find it and put it on.

This is no exception.

This is one of three brilliant albums by Stevie Wonder, Music of my mind, Talking book and Innervisions, to which I was introduced by John Peel playing happier than the morning Sun from Music of my mind on his late night radio show.

My friends were all astounded that I liked these albums, compared to my usual rock and pop stuff, but over 40 years on, they are still great to listen to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Whofan said:

This is one of three brilliant albums by Stevie Wonder, Music of my mind, Talking book and Innervisions,

Another great song of his is Higher ground. Stuff like this brings back happy memories from childhood. 

https://youtu.be/4wZ3ZG_Wams

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Although my musical tastes are pretty eclectic, and I love melody, one thing that has always had to be vital in any composition I enjoy is a strong percussive element. Playing the drums myself since my early teens, I’m obviously biased towards music that encompasses captivating time signatures and pulses.

This is the percussive force of nature that is Gavin Harrison playing along to a Porcupine Tree track followed by the wonderful Danny Carey playing the Tool track Pneuma

https://youtu.be/6suv3mraIhw

https://youtu.be/FssULNGSZIA

I do however find it difficult to model whilst listening to ‘heavier’ kinds of music. I simply can’t relax🤪 so I much prefer to listen to more soothing sounds. Today I have mostly been listening to The Temptations, Zappa and Jeff Beck

https://youtu.be/D5P7x4vh_ts

https://youtu.be/_3cu8sDa90Y

https://youtu.be/i6e4mkZjQII

Edited by Kelscale

9 hours ago, Ratch said:

I'd add Fulfillingness First Finale and Songs In The Key Of Life, a magical era for Stevie :guitar:

I’ve got both of those as well, but I don’t find them as good as the earlier 3. Lots of good songs, but overall, not as good.

You are right though, overall a wonderful ( see what I did there??😎) period for him.

• Like 1

Scored a couple of good seat tickets for Roxy Music's 50th anniversary tour at Glasgow Hydro this morning, been into them, the early stuff especially since I was 14 and I'm 62 now, so many great albums, different for me too as I usually lean to heavy rock music, but can listen to anything if its class and Roxy Music are most certainly class.

Got a few live shows lined up this year, about a dozen, had to squeeze this one in, looking forward to it tremendously :)

• Like 6