What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

The entire works of The Daysleepers. One of the latter day U.S. dreampop/shoegaze (or nu-gaze, if you will) bands. I don't think they would mind if I said that they wear their influences on their sleeves. You can certainly hear bits of The Cure and The Chameleons (especially the echoey guitar), but I don't see that as a bad thing. If I had any criticisms at all, it would be that you may not want to listen to more than one album or EP at a sitting, as it starts to sound very, er, familiar after a while. And they should definitely use less reverb on the drums, and that's coming from a vintage reverbhead.

Note the all Boss pedalboard. Very Robert Smith!

• Like 1

Watched a recording from Sky Arts of the Eagles 2018 concert at The Forum last night. Brilliant. I wonder how many of today's bands/groups will sound that good when they are in their 60's and 70's.

John.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Watched a recording from Sky Arts of the Eagles 2018 concert at The Forum last night. Brilliant. I wonder how many of today's bands/groups will sound that good when they are in their 60's and 70's.

John.

I caught about half of it , randomly switching across channels. I must look out for it being repeated, I enjoyed what I saw.

my youngest brother and his wife have tickets for the Eagles at Wembley in August, hopefully they’ll be able to go.

13 hours ago, Whofan said:

I caught about half of it , randomly switching across channels. I must look out for it being repeated, I enjoyed what I saw.

my youngest brother and his wife have tickets for the Eagles at Wembley in August, hopefully they’ll be able to go.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought that it was especially poignant having Deacon Frey playing and singing his late father's songs.

Strangely enough, I saw them at the XL many years ago, and was a little underwhelmed by their performance. Not long after I saw the Illegal Eagles and it was like listening to the original sound from the 70's. Brilliant.

John.

• Like 1

Amazonia. Jean-Michel Jarre.  2021 ...

CD comes with a down load card that has a headphones only playing option.

And the album is his 21st studio album release.

Edited by Mick4350
  • Like 1

Boards of Canada,  Dayvan Cowboy.

Thoroughly addictive and the video added to this by a fan is stunning. 

Please give it a listen. 

• Like 1