What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

I'll (space) echo @Wez's sentiments about Lee Perry. If anyone personified the fine line between bonkers and genius, it was him. Easily my favourite reggae producer and a massive influence on me as a tweaker of dials, faders and wotsits. It was with a certain amount of pride that I made a phaser pedal for one of his backing band members.

He helped soundtrack a great deal of my misspent youth and remains a treasured part of my record collection.

• Like 2

For some reason I can't see my post about Lee Scratch Perry, dunno what happened there?  Can anyone explain, did I break some rules or did somebody complain?

The Carpenters!

Got into the car this morning after SWMBO had been out in it with one of her chums and left a CD in the player ( as usual ), and it was The Carpenters. My initial reaction was to eject it but as I was reversing at the time I continued to listen and found myself getting hooked. It was a ‘ best of ‘ collection with instrumental sections linking the songs and I quite enjoyed it, must be getting old.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Robert said:

It is on page 12. Another master gone.

Regards

Robert

Thanks Robert, in my head I posted after RAF4EVER had posted his stuff...   ...must've dreamt it.

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

The Carpenters!

Got into the car this morning after SWMBO had been out in it with one of her chums and left a CD in the player ( as usual ), and it was The Carpenters. My initial reaction was to eject it but as I was reversing at the time I continued to listen and found myself getting hooked. It was a ‘ best of ‘ collection with instrumental sections linking the songs and I quite enjoyed it, must be getting old.

Among the throbbing bass, swirling organs, pounding drums, wailing guitars and air raid siren vocalists of the bands I enjoy, I too have a liking for the Carpenters - I suspect the Best of you listened to might be the best of I have, some absolute gems on it.

The same goes for the Mamas and Papas,  again some absolute gems on the best of I have. And as for Abba - well, the best pop band after the Beatles in my opinion.

I also have some Boney M in my CD racks, some great covers of songs you'd never think they'd coverl - My Friend Jack (eats sugarllumps), Painter man, In a Gadda da Vida, Heart of Gold, Have you ever seen the rain, Still I'm sad.

Of course, there's a sentimental link in this, as Nightflight to Venus was the last album my mother bought before she died.

Here's an example;

and the original by the Smoke;

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 2

Music, has been an ever present part of the day...

The Wonderful Mrs Wez thinks I only went out with her because she looked like Clare Grogan, she does, but that's not he reason I married her...   ...she is rather wonderful!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Wez said:

Music, has been an ever present part of the day...

The Wonderful Mrs Wez thinks I only went out with her because she looked like Clare Grogan, she does, but that's not he reason I married her...   ...she is rather wonderful!

Class Set, have a Date with Tori , Patricks day next year!