What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

Oh look, it's still summertime (allegedly) and here's 3 more great summer tunes;

And then this;

Finally, 

There's a well known actrress in this last one !!

• Like 2

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts. Brian Eno + David Byrne.  '81 ...

and i've just bought the 2006 remaster on itunes and its doubled up on tracks 11 onwards 🤬

but corrected itself after playing :crap:

Edited by Mick4350
  • Like 1

This is another song I associate with summer.

Norma Tanega was pretty much a one hit wonder, at least I think she was in the States, but I honestly don't know anyone else in this country ( but someone must!) who knows this song. I have a hell of a beat up 45 of it, and discovered it is one of the tracks on a great compilaton of California songs that I bought a little while ago now.

She was for many years Dusty Springfield's lover, so it's only right that I should bring a little Dusty to the proceedings;

And then there was this little ditty;

Granny takes a trip? Surely this isn't a drug song?  Nope, quite sweet lyrics, really!

All these songs are on either CD's I've burnt, or my ipod - all taken from CD's, except this little one, where I did actually find a site I could download it from;

This used to get a lot of plays at the Top Rank dancehall in Cardiff, where I first heard it -- probably in 1963, when my friends and I would go to the Saturday afternoon "Teens session". A touch of real nostalgia for me!

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 1

I don't know what's happened then especially with Whofan being in the UK,i've just listened to it and it's fine....I'll put it here and replace the other one with summat else...

Right,the sound on the other one wasn't brilliant so i'll try again and replace it with this one...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1

Boards Of Canada's instrumental remix of Nevermen's Treat 'Em Right. Although BoC haven't released anything of their own since 2013's Tomorrow's Harvest, the odd remix does appear now and again.

Here's a few more BoC remixes.

Last Walk Around Mirror Lake by Boom Bip

..and another Nevermen track remixed, Mr Mistake.

Yesterday afternoon the torn cartilage in my knee was playing me up and after I had finished doing some decal design and dealt with some home and finance related stuff and went on to YouTube and ended up watching a Girls Aloud video of 'The Show' and Sugarbabes 'Girls' and 'Red Dress'. It cheered me up a bit, although I am not so sure it was the music. 

• Like 1