What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

If anyone recognises the animation or where it's been lifted from I'd love to know. It looks familiar, might be something I've seen decades ago.

The song is was written by Nata Zhyzhchenko of Onuka & the numbered title is apparently the time of day that her son was born. Released last year, looks like someone has found this old animation. Goes well with the song I think.

• Like 1

Not so much what I’m playing,  but what I’m having forced on me by the local pub. Until a couple of years ago it was a fairly quiet pub, with just the odd event. Now it’s a full-blown chav pub with ridiculously loud outdoor music almost every weekend in the summer. Last weekend it went on until half past midnight. 

So glad I’m moving house soon. I’ve had more than my fill of Bedfordshire. I hate it here. 

Hell is other people 

Hell is other people’s taste in music

Hell is other people loading the dishwasher 

Edited by lasermonkey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

22 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Not so much what I’m playing,  but what I’m having forced on me by the local pub. Until a couple of years ago it was a fairly quiet pub, with just the odd event. Now it’s a full-blown chav pub with ridiculously loud outdoor music almost every weekend in the summer. Last weekend it went on until half past midnight. 

So glad I’m moving house soon. I’ve had more than my fill of Bedfordshire. I hate it here. 

Hell is other people 

Hell is other people’s taste in music

Hell is other people loading the dishwasher 

I hear you, brother.  I now live so far removed from anyone else that it's a four mile drive to get to the next house in our postcode.  It's nice to be able to piddle and fire your shotguns in your garden without anybody calling the cops.

Anyway, something pretty mainstream but brilliant nonetheless:

• Like 5

13 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

I hear you, brother.  I now live so far removed from anyone else that it's a four mile drive to get to the next house in our postcode.  It's nice to be able to piddle and fire your shotguns in your garden without anybody calling the cops.

Anyway, something pretty mainstream but brilliant nonetheless:

I saw Pink Floyd at Earls Court London in 94, awesome show

QmyV3Ex.jpg

Edited by One 48
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, One 48 said:

I saw Pink Floyd at Earls Court London in 94, awesome show

QmyV3Ex.jpg

Same tour Soldier field Chicago in July. My all time favorite concert out of 110 live shows. Saw Roger waters in ‘07 and 2010, and Gilmour solo tour in ‘06.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Same tour Soldier field Chicago in July. My all time favorite concert out of 110 live shows. Saw Roger waters in ‘07 and 2010, and Gilmour solo tour in ‘06.

Awesome mate, I absolutely live and breath all things Pink Floyd.

Seen Pink Floyd once, Nick Masons Saucerful of Secrets that I highly recommend to any Floyd fan ... once and Roger Waters twice, two nights on the trot ... brilliant.

I made both Friday and Saturday nights at the Glasgow Hydro 2018 tour, mid summer scorching hot weather, just perfect :) Only some 4 years ago, but home phone video quality has come a long way in a short time, so please excuse the video and sound quality in this clip, its still magical.

What I like about this one, at each show Roger did, local school kids got the chance to perform, they got little time to train and rehearse, but in this clip from a higher vantage point, you can see each kid has a trainer down below, hidden from view of those at ground level that do the moves for them that the kids mimic remarkably well ... very cool, bet they and their parents invited to each show on the tour will cherish those memory's forever.

Edited by One 48
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, One 48 said:

Awesome mate, I absolutely live and breath all things Pink Floyd.

Seen Pink Floyd once, Nick Masons Saucerful of Secrets that I highly recommend to any Floyd fan

Sadly will miss Waters as he’ll be here next month I think ? Masons show is the one Im trying to get ticket's for I think thats September. Im a massive fan of Floyd and love the early Barrett stuff as much as the later work. 

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sadly will miss Waters as he’ll be here next month I think ? Masons show is the one Im trying to get ticket's for I think thats September. Im a massive fan of Floyd and love the early Barrett stuff as much as the later work. 

If you're into tribute bands, and you ever get the chance to see them, Australian Floyd are brilliant. They are one of my top two tribute bands, the other being The Illegal Eagles. And if I ever get the chance to see them, I'd like to check out how good Rumours of Fleetwood Mac are.

John.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

If you're into tribute bands, and you ever get the chance to see them, Australian Floyd are brilliant. They are one of my top two tribute bands, the other being The Illegal Eagles. And if I ever get the chance to see them, I'd like to check out how good Rumours of Fleetwood Mac are.

John.

Im hoping to see Australian Floyd someday as Ive see many of their video’s and consider them the best. Britfloyd aren't too bad either, will need to check the eagles one out. 

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

will need to check the eagles one out. 

This may sound like heresy, but after seeing the Eagles in London several years ago, I was very disappointed with them. They had added  a brass section and for me, it ruined a lot of  the favourites such as Hotel California. But the Illegal Eagles manage to produce the sound of the Eagles from the 70's and 80's. Plus I'm biased, as the group originated from my hometown. I hope to get to see them in October.

John.

• Like 1