What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

Uploaded a few days ago, 26th April commemorating Chernobyl by Onuka, a recording from their last live show in Kyiv 2021. The first track was written shortly after the birth of her son 23:42 being the time that he was born leading into 19-86 her homage to Chernobyl.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2022 at 09:43, One 48 said:

Currently listening to Whitesnake and Foreigner again

Interesting coincidence, I picked up aCD best of Foreigner the other day.

I’ve never been a fan of Foreigner or Whitesnake for that matter, but they’ve both had some terrific singles out, well worth a best of in the CD racks.

and have been on a bit of a Pretenders binge recently, after getting around to watching a concert of theirs at Austin City Limits on Sky Arts.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I think this was the only track Phil Lynott and Midge Ure recorded together which is a shame...

3 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

A couple more with Gary Moore..

and Mark Knopfler...

Big Thin Lizzy/Phil Lynott fan here, Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

Currently re-visiting Gary Numan's recent album 'Intruder' , ready for Saturday night when he's in concert at Wembley Arena... 🤩

Edited by langy
video's added
  • Like 4

Saw thin Lizzy Live, 1984 ... Inverness ice Ring I think? Twas Scott Gorham on guitar and Snowy White dual guitar era, it was a great show.

Next week, off to see Whitesnake with Foreigner and Europe ( The Final Count Down) about 4 days away really, very excited indeed :) will post pics and vid after the show.

• Like 1

After having had a mystery tune stuck in my head, I eventually managed to work out it was by The Stranglers and correctly guessed it was from The Raven. Considering it’s probably a good 25 years since I last listened to that album, that’s not too shonky. Anyway, I rectified the situation and the song in question was Dead Loss Angeles. 

• Like 1

Been listening to Steve Hackett and Anthony Philips; both of whom were guitarists with Genesis; Ant Philips was their original guitarist but he took a sudden and severe form of stage fright and couldn't perform live anymore, he played on 'From Genesis to Revelation' and on 'Trespass' albums but after that Steve Hackett came in and stayed until 1976 just after Peter Gabriel left. 

Both of them have good solo careers and Steve Hackett still performs his own music and the Genesis classics live. Ant Philips wrote the music for Tarka and did many other fine pieces including other soundtracks for others; both of these guys have a large collection of their own music.

Steve hackett has loads of great material and is also a first class classical guitarist!

• Like 3

On 5/4/2022 at 11:26 AM, Vince1159 said:

I think this was the only track Phil Lynott and Midge Ure recorded together which is a shame...

Absolutely brilliant track. Yellow Pearl being a twist on the phrase Yellow Peril referring to the invasion of Japanese technology in the early 80's. I've read that Midge Ure was very much inspired by Yellow Magic Orchestra which influenced the sound of his version of Ultravox.

• Like 1

Discovered this electronic artist from Ukraine.

Very much in the vein of Bladerunner or Tangerine Dream.

I'd highly recommend this to any TD fan of anything calming & meditative. Excellent modelling background music & some amazing synth sound pads & washes.

A good review here;

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/koloah-serenity/?mbid=social_facebook&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_brand=p4k

The first few tracks released from the latest Rammstein CD have got my attention lately.

I've always been on the fence about Rammstein, but the new CD is looking good so far.

I still need translations to get into the lyrics, "Angst" is a great statement on fear driven societies. The title track, "Zeit" is definitely a more thoughtful and powerful song.

On 01/05/2022 at 18:31, Mr T said:

Been feeling a little mellow of late and amongst other things listening to Fleetwood Mac

I have all of F M albums and I like to listen to them from time to time!

• Like 1

Well was it a foregone conclusion that Ukraine was going to win?

I actually quite liked the winning song far better than our attempt from the young Rick Wakeman lookalike! Congratulations to Ukraine!

Still keep going back to watch this, which in my opinion is one of the best things ever seen or heard on Eurovision since Waterloo.

The Ukrainian interval act from 2017 which apparently millions didn't get to see as they broadcast adverts when she came on. I believe she was seen by audiences watching BBC....

Made it to Glasgow on Thursday 12 05 22 OVO Hydro, almost never happened for lots of reasons LOL but got there in the end, this was for Whitesnake Foreigner Europe triple bill, even this was long postponed because of Covid and is yet another of my post Covid (I hope)_ catch up shows.

What can I say? its a stunning line up, isn't it? Had seen Whitesnake several times over the years, but never Europe or Foreigner.

I do think David's voice is not quite all it was and between you and me, his body language suggests other health issues too, He looks good in this song, but also, this was only the second night of the tour, first was in Dublin ,,, at the end of the day and in the Still Of the Night, he's 70 + and I cut him tremendous amounts of slack, hope the planned tour goes on as planned and all the fans get to see him one last time ... it is Whitesnakes final tour.

Sorry if i sounded a wee bit negative there, just genuine fan concern is all.

Anyway, on with the post, it really was a very good triple show, posting a vid from Glasgow from each band, please enjoy ... oh and please watch out for the Foreigner clip, about half way through when singer asks for the candles to be turned on and the Glasgow crowd start singing ... magical stuff :)

Be Safe, Be Happy...& Don't Let Anyone Make You Afraid...

Sorry, had put links up as totaly private first time, all should be able to see now ... learning as i go along LOL

Edited by One 48
Was tired :)
  • Like 1