What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

Was down in Glasgow on Wednesday 13th, meeting a new lady friend I'd know online for a while, she's nice and i like her, so fingers crossed :)

Good first date though, we're both of similar music persuasions and show we went to see was awesome. I hope it works out, we'll see :)

Ghost @ Glasgow Hydro 13 04 22

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Some late night electronica again.

That got quite Orbital at the end. A friend recommended her to me a while back. I remember a unique take on the Cocteau Twins Sugar Hiccup using a programmable (punch paper) music box.

1 minute ago, lasermonkey said:

That got quite Orbital at the end. A friend recommended her to me a while back. I remember a unique take on the Cocteau Twins Sugar Hiccup using a programmable (punch paper) music box.

Oh yes, very similar in sound to Orbital. Also love Cocteau Twins & Elizabeth Fraser. Will take a look at Sugar Hiccup.

After nearly 40 years listening to what I'll call well established "rock" bands to keep it simple, I was under the feeling that my fav bands kept to too much of the same. Well, so what to listen to besides Iron Maiden, Scorpions, AC-DC, Sabaton ..... or Bon Jovi and Nightwish for quieter moments?

Being truthful to one of the qualifiers  my daughter uses  about me, "you old perv" (just for the laugh I hope 😅), I was dumfounded when listening to a Japanese all girls bands ..... but this terrific bassist left the band since grrrr...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

A fun reminder of the oddness of the B52s, for many years one of my guilty pleasures

Brilliant! Love the second half of this with the vocal sounds for those underwater characters. Oddness at its finest!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Brilliant! Love the second half of this with the vocal sounds for those underwater characters. Oddness at its finest!

Cheers @Lightningboy2000.

The B52s never took themselves too seriously which added to their eccentric charm. They are still going but I struggle to get my head round the idea that Cindy Wilson (pink dress, black wig) is now a grandmother!

• Like 1

So - Went to see Skunk Anansie at the O2 Academy in Leicester last night.

It was, without doubt, an awesome gig - And I'm always happy to hear the opening riff to this masterpiece.

Turn it up loud!

IanJ

• Like 4

Just now, John Tapsell said:

I decided to revisit my youth and remind myself just how good Midnight Oil can be - talented musicians with a razor-sharp social conscience.

Great Music, Every time they came through Chicago I was either busy or broke. Makes me sad that Ive never seen them live. 

• Like 1

Currently listening to Whitesnake and Foreigner again and that's purely because I'm going down to see them both live in 11 days at Glasgow Hydro ... woo hoo, Europe will be there too, so a pretty good triple bill. Its Whitesnake's final tour, just had to be there, will post some pics and a vid after that show.

But that's not the reason for this post, but it is kinda related, this is a stunning new video from Guitar maestro Steve Vai. Steve Vai as some of you will know used to play for Whitesnake and I saw him do that a couple of times, also seen him live solo once too, if I get the chance to see him live again I'm going to jump at it.

Considering how long he has been playing, this is amazing (so is the guitar LOL) he is still very innovative and inventive, incredible really this far into his career ... enjoy :)

• Like 4

Been feeling a little mellow of late and amongst other things listening to Fleetwood Mac

• Like 6

14 hours ago, One 48 said:

Currently listening to Whitesnake and Foreigner again and that's purely because I'm going down to see them both live in 11 days at Glasgow Hydro ... woo hoo, Europe will be there too, so a pretty good triple bill. Its Whitesnake's final tour, just had to be there, will post some pics and a vid after that show.

But that's not the reason for this post, but it is kinda related, this is a stunning new video from Guitar maestro Steve Vai. Steve Vai as some of you will know used to play for Whitesnake and I saw him do that a couple of times, also seen him live solo once too, if I get the chance to see him live again I'm going to jump at it.

Considering how long he has been playing, this is amazing (so is the guitar LOL) he is still very innovative and inventive, incredible really this far into his career ... enjoy :)

That's freeking amazing! Absolutely love that steam punk guitar. I've heard of Steve Vai, but never got round to listening to him. Fantastic instrumental piece that coming from a big electronic music fan reminds me of old Tangerine Dream. Thanks for the education.

• Like 1