What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

28 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

I'm a big fan of Tolkien and, I've always looked at Gollum as a victim rather than a villain.

True I see him as a tragic figure as well. In the end even though it costs Frodo a finger. Gollum redeems himself in a way by actually being the one to destroy the ring. 

• Like 2

I was talking to one of my brothers about the Top Rank suite in Cardiff, a dance hall where he and I first learnt about rejection by girls, that neither of us could dance, but my goodness we loved the music that played behind those disappointments!

Here's a few examples;

Sock it to em JB, by Rex Garvin and the Mighty Cravers.  The lyrics are simple, you may recognise a film title or two, and yes, the Top Rank DJ's played both side as though it were one;

Next up was a "novelty"  record, by Rufus Thomas - Walking the Dog;

Now a  soul classic - Barefootin' by Robert Parker (we all kept our shoes on, mind)

By contrast, here's a modern take on Barefootin' by some geezer called Pete Townshend, who to be honest, demonstrates a bit of dad dancing here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0SUEUryagU

And finally another soul classic;

That trumpet intro used to get everybody on the dance floor!

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 6

Going to see Joe Satriani in a few sort months, its one of those two year aborted Covid shows that is (Hopefully) going ahead this year at Glasgow at last.

Two years ago when I made this show purchase was quite flush with a bit of cash and treated my self to a Joe Satriani VIP, meet the guy experience ... imagine my disappointment when shows were postponed due to Covid, and then again the following year, but this year its gonna happen and I'm so excited about it, honestly am!

The new date is creeping up fast now. Wednesday 4 May at 02 Glasgow, (and i must get my hotel sorted right after this) know the staff at 02 well, its gonna be good meeting Joe and perhaps seeing his guitars backstage will be the icing on the cake.

Seen Joe three times live before, this will be one big thrill for me, will post pics here after show of course :)

• Like 4

I discovered the composer Sawano Hiroyuki around the time I found one of my other favorite musical groups Band-Maid. Yes he does a lot of songs for anime, but his talent is to me undeniable. I am a big fan of Mizuki as well.

This song is for the anime 86.  The anime is pretty popular.  It has Spider tanks!  I do not want to say any more.  There are videos on YT. I wont post those as they aren't strictly music. There are even kits for the tanks by Bandai.

Edit: from what I've read online, seen on yt, I would not consider this a youngsters anime. 

This is Binary Star from another anime. Turn on CC for lyrics

Edited by NoSG0
  • Like 2

Earlier today the Anime Kubo and the two strings was on the telly.

I happened to still be listening as the credits came up. I very glad I was.

The music is George Harrisons' 'While my Guitar gently weeps, but with a japanese slant. Unusual and somewhat beautiful.

The singer is Regina Spektor. 

• Like 4

I love Tangerine Dream, 62 now but loved them since my early teens, they are that old :)

Saw them live at Glasgow in early 2019, it was fun :)

4yKXerw.jpg

kgMIuy1.jpg

sDI4NYn.jpg

ztDm6Js.jpg

Edited by One 48
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, One 48 said:

I love Tangerine Dream, 62 now but loved them since my early teens, they are that old :)

Saw them live at Glasgow in early 2019, it was fun :)

4yKXerw.jpg

kgMIuy1.jpg

sDI4NYn.jpg

ztDm6Js.jpg

Thanks for sharing those photos.

Always been a big fan of Ulrich Schnauss & I think he's done a good job of keeping things going. Must have been quite an honor for him. I've got the Quantum Gate album & I'm a big fan of it. Great album I think.

• Like 1