What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

Was talking to a talented lady known as Reinish who does some of the projection work for Onuka the other day, and via the discussion discovered this Ukrainian duo who she does live 3D video projection for. Thought I'd share here as they're likely unknown outside Eastern Europe.

Some mesmerising & talented work I think. Quite a slow building track, but gets quite powerful towards the middle. A bit like Muse crossed with TD.

I just realised we haven't marked Ronnie Spector's passing. Her life bore some similarities to Tina Turner (particularly the escape from an abusive relationship) but unlike TT who had the sense to retire in 2009 Ronnie probably went on performing a bit longer than she should have. Anyhow, here are a couple of reminders of her in her prime.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

I posted this in the last thread i think,absolutely fantastic...

I was just thinking about this the other day actually. Did you ever get “Sha na na’s” variety/music TV show in the UK or Europe ? It ran here in the late 70’s and I watched it as a kid. Mostly because I loved the music from the 50’s and early 60’s, but there were some funny things happening in between the songs. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I was just thinking about this the other day actually. Did you ever get “Sha na na’s” variety/music TV show in the UK or Europe ? It ran here in the late 70’s and I watched it as a kid. Mostly because I loved the music from the 50’s and early 60’s, but there were some funny things happening in between the songs. 

I can't remember ever seeing it on uk tv stations but someone with early satellite tv may have done...

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I posted this in the last thread i think,absolutely fantastic...

Thanks for posting Vince. I don't know who the "Ronettes" are but they definitely aren't Estelle Bennett and Nedra Talley. The music is still great even if the goofy humour doesn't do a lot for me!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Thanks for posting Vince. I don't know who the "Ronettes" are but they definitely aren't Estelle Bennett and Nedra Talley. The music is still great even if the goofy humour doesn't do a lot for me!

It's not for me either but the Ronettes were Chip Fields and Denise Edwards because when she started again in '74 the originals weren't availabe...

After Florence Ballard left The Supremes they weren't the same...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 3

This is from a wee concert at the Glasgow Hydro seeing The Australian Pink Floyd return after a big Covid gap on (its my filming so please be kind :) )

Play it as loud as you like please ... twas awesome, as sincere as you can get for a true Pink Floyd Tribute show imho.

Seen these guys from the very beginning, Seen real Pink Floyd live, Roger Waters and Nick Masons Saucerful of Secrets, bloody awesome, we only live once :)

The Australian Pink Floyd I go to each year, missed them over the Covid restrictions, was brilliant to see them at Glasgow cant wait to see them live again.

Edited by One 48
  • Like 4

Thought I'd share this one here too, not exactly Music, but from a Guy with a big Musical career, Fencing Career, Novelist, Airline Pilot, Brewer, TV presenter, blabhety Blah, he even mentioned on this show he builds scale models.

Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden as most folk know him from is some guy indeed, its hard not to admire his many exploits, dang, he even beat Cancer too :)

He's about 1 year older than me and I'm 62, so do your own maths :) Seen him with Iron Maiden ... oh I dunno, four or five times now, always a blast, he certainly is an inspiration to me in Music and Aviation too.

Hinted in previous post, was well fed up being Covid confined for near two years of my precious life dwindling away, am triple vaccinated and Boosted, wee bit vulnerable but thought I had to get out as it was safe to do so, so hit that previous moments and enjoyed, living alone does bad things to ones mental health, so with window of opportunity was allowed by our Gov, went to see the Aussie Floyd at Glasgow in Early December and then an evening with Bruce Dickinson at Edinburgh week later. We were all masked up at Edinburgh's Usher Hall for an evening with Bruce Dickinson, upon arrival there, procedure was, fill out a card, a question that Bruce would see and perhaps answer on stage ... So i filled out a card and thought no more of it.. everyone was filling them in, thought my chances of him seeing it from a venue capacity of thousands would be slim ... but the question i wrote down, big Flight Sim WW1 aviation fan here too was, ...something like this  ... Bruce, I know you fly your own WW1 Fokker DR1 replica Triplane but do you wear a parachute just in case, thought no more about it.

But when Bruce came on and after first part of show that was very entertaining in a chat sort of way, he came back on in second half with a bunch of cards, filmed a few and sat back and enjoyed the show, was fairly close to the stage too, when lo and behold he answered my question, was fumbling with cam but never caught it ... argh.

In a Nutshell, Bruce answered he does not use a parachute in the DR1, not much room for it in the tight confines of the Triplane and indeed that early WW1 aviators sometimes had a choice of parachutes but declined them!   What he said!!!

I was so chuffed to bits he answered my card though :)

From my own phone Camera.

There is no one quite like our Bruce. Also around 4 minutes in, look out for the Revell Germany Guy and their 747 Iron Maiden 747 kit talk, I have one already :)

Edited by One 48
  • Like 3

Currently listening to Common Ground, by Big Big Train; previously rocked with Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell.

Took a few minutes out to watch the excellent Ed Force One clip above - thanks @One 48.

Incidentally, I saw Bruce's one man show in Birmingham, as you say entertaining and chatty, but I'm afraid he didn't pick my question, about his sporty family.

(His sister trained Bruce Springsteen's daughter in Showjumping, and Jessica Springsteen won a silver medal in the team show jumping at the Tokyo Olympics lasy year)