What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

Beth Rowley tends to be a bit of a "hidden gem" and isn't perhaps as well known as she should be. Here is a superb live performance from her to kick off 2022.

Happy New Year.

• Like 2

Watching Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War of the Worlds on Sky Arts with Liam Neeson as the journalist and Jeff Wayne conducting then Lord of the Dance after....Great way to spend a sunday evening...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Watching Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War of the Worlds on Sky Arts with Liam Neeson as the journalist and Jeff Wayne conducting then Lord of the Dance after....Great way to spend a sunday evening...

I've got the 2006 DVD version with Richard Burton in hologram form, and coincidentally, I was playing the CD version two days ago. Brilliant! I've seen it live twice, and if it wasn't for this damned bat flu, I'd be coming over to see it again in a few weeks time.

John. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I've got the 2006 DVD version with Richard Burton in hologram form, and coincidentally, I was playing the CD version two days ago. Brilliant! I've seen it live twice, and if it wasn't for this damned bat flu, I'd be coming over to see it again in a few weeks time.

John. 

I'll have to see if i can get that,yesterdays with Liam Neeson was brilliant but the only thing missing was Richard Burton as the journalist,i've got it on vinyl which i bought when it was released and cd which i bought about a year ago so someone else taking his place just doesn't work for me....

After watching Lord of the Dance yesterday i've got to admit i prefer Riverdance...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

Following on from reading Mark Lewisohn's biography of the Beatles, from grandparents to December 1962, I've dug out the 2 CD's I burnt a while ago with 50 songs by the Beatles.

These aren't even my sort of "top 50", they are just 50 songs I happen to have always enjoyed. I honestly don't know if I could specify a top 50, but it would certainly have to be at least 50.

Here's the track listing;

SAM_0365

You'll notice that there are only a few of their singles (disc 1 - number 2 - 24,25 - disc 2 19,20,22 and 23) - I tend to play the Red and Blue albums for the singles.

What I've realised as I've been playing these CDs is that I know all the words to all of the songs.  I honestly don't know wheter to be scared or impressed by this!

• Like 5

On 02/01/2022 at 17:37, Vince1159 said:

Great stuff! I was listening it from a LP.

Cheers

LM

• Like 2

I've got it on mp3 in the car.

My Daughter in laws Dad used to play it when she was small. Frightened the beejusus out of her, she says. 

So now, every so often I just wait until it's quiet and then do that little phweeuu whistle. She always jumps! :laugh:

Johnnie Walker played this on his Sounds of the 70's radio show yesterday. I just had to hear it again. 

Teddy Prendergast on lead vocals. What a voice, and what a song!

• Like 5

Blade Runner. One of my all time favourite films. 

It inspired copies and the so did the music.

While Her indoors is watching the drivel that is Eastwhingers on TV, I'm chilling out to Blade Runner inspired ambience. Cue the rain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_99x01U_XA&list=RD1_99x01U_XA&start_radio=1&rv=1_99x01U_XA

• Like 5

Someone mentioned Harold & The Blue Notes being played on Johnnie Walker last Sunday. That reminded me that as I switched the radio on Johnnie said that this had been requested. Made my day!

Loved Phil Oakey's lyric writing. Shame that he won't perform these old tracks with Martyn Ware & H17.

• Like 1