What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

Still got a thing for Ukrainian music.

First time I'd heard this & thought it wasn't too bad, then noticed she likes visiting aviation museums! Looks like the Oleg Antonov State Aviation Museum at Kyiv, another fantastic museum I'd love to visit.

Just released September 2021 the single is called 7 Winds. If anyone knows what she's singing about I'd love to know.

I've just heard the sad news that Richard H Kirk of Cabaret Voltaire has passed away - another one gone - but the music lives on...

• Like 1

Thanks to an ad on the tv about a new programme where they're on a cruise...

anyone that feels like throwing something the size and weight of a brick at their moniter i fully understand...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1

UhGot a bit of thing recently for some chill out music from Afterlife. I first heard it in a cafe bar in Durham when I was at a conference in about 2007 and then rediscovered in the past couple of months. 

• Like 2

On 10/9/2021 at 5:09 AM, BIG X said:

I've just heard the sad news that Richard H Kirk of Cabaret Voltaire has passed away - another one gone - but the music lives on...

Thanks for sharing that, I remember the first time I saw that video on the tellybox all those years ago & was very impressed with the filming of the video.

Very sad about Richard H Kirk. The king of electronic boffin nerds in every sense & a huge influential legacy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Great band! They're one of Mrs Lasermonkey's favourites. I've lost count of the times we've seen them play live, along with Fifty Foot Wave and Kristin's solo shows.

Kristin's a goddess!  Yet to see them live myself.  Must put that right some day.  Don't know if they've ever played in Ireland.

Right now I'm listening to XTC's The Big Express, one of my favourite albums.  I love the way Andy whales the bejesus out of his guitar on Train Running Slow on Soul Coal.

Edited by JosephLalor

On 10/9/2021 at 5:09 AM, BIG X said:

That's a shock.  Got to see Cabaret Voltaire in 1983 at the Electric in Camden, after the release of The Crackdown.  As the supporting bill they showed two short films, Un Chien Andalou by Luis Bunuel and Scorpio Rising by Kenneth Anger.  Cracking gig I recall.

• Like 1

Probably the only time i've ever seen musical boundaries being broken so well between classical full orchestra, traditional folk & electronic. Always find her music perfect background music when whittling plastic.