What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

I finally got around to listening to Mojave 3, the band Slowdive eventually became. I thought I'd start with the first album Ask Me Tomorrow. It basically sounds like Slowdive with all the effect pedals removed. It's much better than that sounds. I enjoyed it, anyway. One I'll come back to, I reckon. Perfect late night melancholia, IMO.

Then came The Besnard Lakes with one of my favourite LPs of this century, Until In Excess, Imperceptible UFO. Apparently the name of the LP came from a Google-translated French review of one of their live shows.

And last night I gave 3D by SPC ECO (pronounced Space Echo) a twirl.

I am aware I have a thing for dreamy sounding, female-fronted bands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I can't wait,they're also doing a concert somehow from how they looked in the 70's i just hope they release it on dvd instead of all this streaming rubbish....

I've read that they have used the same technology that Peter Jackson used to make Andy Serkis look like Gollum  - sensors on their bodies to provide the shape, then digitize the results to a younger version, and similar de-ageing technology as used in Robert De Niro in a recent film.

And yes, I agree with you about streaming. I'd rather it went direct to DVD, but if it turned up on Amazon prime I'd watch it, unless they charged, in English case I'd wait for the DVD.

And I'm getting the new Iron Maiden today, too!

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Whofan said:

I've read that they have used the same technology that Peter Jackson used to make Andy Serkis look like Gollum  - sensors on their bodies to provide the shape, then digitize the results to a younger version, and similar de-ageing technology as used in Robert De Niro in a recent film.

I remember watching An Audience with Les Dawson a few years ago where they used 'Pepper's Ghost' to show him on stage,it's fascinating stuff....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

I remember watching An Audience with Les Dawson a few years ago where they used 'Pepper's Ghost' to show him on stage,it's fascinating stuff....

I had to look that one up, very interesting. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds.

Brilliant album.  I saw the album is available from a local electrical retailer for a tidy $75 for the double LP. My copy has only $14 on its price tag that I bought during the eighties.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Brilliant album.  I saw the album is available from a local electrical retailer for a tidy $75 for the double LP. My copy has only $14 on its price tag that I bought during the eighties.

I can't remember what I payed for my double LP, back in '81, but I don't thing it was very much.

Chris

15 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

My copy was a birthday present from my son. We've been to see the show a couple of times up at the O2 together.

John.

PS. And I've got the DVD of the show as well. Brilliant.

• Like 1