What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

20 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Good throbbing spacy synths & a girls voice do it for me every time.

Saw Goldfrapp live at Deershed in 2018. Absolutely full of energy and did a good selection of songs, obviously a number from their then current album. According to Mrs T her sister is a friend of the wife of the non singing half of Goldfrapp. Her family seem to get everywhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr T said:

Saw Goldfrapp live at Deershed in 2018. Absolutely full of energy and did a good selection of songs, obviously a number from their then current album. According to Mrs T her sister is a friend of the wife of the non singing half of Goldfrapp. Her family seem to get everywhere. 

Lucky to see them live. You mean the wife of Will Gregory? Small world. He is a very clever chap & Goldfrapp is as mad as a box of frogs! Oh, yes this is from the most recent album which is quite strong tune wise. Very well produced.

Often listen to the Martyn Ware podcast interviews & he's done a superb chat with Mr Gregory & Adrian Utley of Portishead, highly recomended listening especially if your averse to the crap on the TV or radio! https://anchor.fm/martyn-ware/episodes/Electronically-Yours-with-Martyn-Ware---Trailer-emvg7n

• Like 1

Yes, she is married to Will Gregory

Mrs T's sister gave us a copy of 'Felt Mountain' as a Christmas present many years back. As another example of Mrs T's wide range of connections is that one branch of her family owned the land that the Deershed Festival is held on and ran it. My daughter used to help out and we used to get free tickets. They used to get some good bands, but performance wise Goldfrapp were about the best. Silvereye is a  very good album, the video is a bit weird. 

Mrs T extensive family connection are a bit of a family joke. When we went anywhere my daughter used to ask if there was any family there. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

Revolutions - Jean Michel Jarre

Verrry good choice! Regret missing the chance to see this performed at Docklands, but did get to see him play a couple from this album at Wembley.

38 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Verrry good choice! Regret missing the chance to see this performed at Docklands, but did get to see him play a couple from this album at Wembley.

Only ever saw this on the TV broadcast. Wish I could have been there.

And once again prompted by @Mick4350 So - Peter Gabriel, one of my all time favourites.

I remeber waiting for it to be released. I actually had it hand-delivered from the local record shop while they were out on the video rental run

• Like 1

I've had these for several years now, but I never get tired of listening to them.

And I've just discovered that there is a Classic Experience lV. Must look out for that.

John.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 12:35 AM, Vince1159 said:

My father’s favorite song before he passed was “Time in a Bottle”. Then there is my un-official theme song “Bad Bad Leroy Brown. My friends often would modify the song to my name of Dennis Brown. I guess it works seeing as I grew up on the South side of Chicago. 

• Like 2

Standing in the doorway by Chrissie Hynde, her album of covers of Bob Dylan songs.

There’s a documentary on tonight on Sky Arts on this very album, have got that on to record.

• Like 1