What music are you playing VII.

Vince1159

12 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Downloaded it recently together with parts 2 and 3. Because why not?

I seem to be having a Peter Gabriel phase at the moment 

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I did see a J-M Jarre light show at Paris la Defense in the mid-1980s, for a "Fete de la musique" evening. Surprisingly fabulous for me, who was staunchly anti-electronic music (when one is young, one has to be stupid... I sure was!).

Anyway, with Peter Gabriel, you are in the same groove as my wife. She loves his music, his voice, etc.

Me? I hate his music, his voice, etc... Rather conflictual.

For a while now, I have been feeling very romantic: Beethoven (overdosing on his 7th), Mendelssohn (overdosing on his Octet!), Schubert (13th and 14th Quartets. Overdosing on them, of course). My wife hates them all with a passion! 

So I switch to my beloved Carla Bley ... My wife wants to vomit when she hears her and her "big band"

At the end of the day, who needs politics and religion? Music will do the trick.

Cheers

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@jean we all have different tastes. And that’s a good thing. Me, I think my musical soul wanders around the 80’s, for me the perfect decade to calm me down….

Trevor

and now some Dave Gilmour

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2021 at 11:58 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks for posting this John. Im a self admitted Pink Floyd nut ! I saw them in 94, waters in 2007 and 2010 Gilmour in 06 missed him in 15 due to $ issues. Missed Nick in 2019 for the same reason. Hoping to catch Water’s next summer though. 

I have never managed to see them in person, individually or as the whole band. Whenever I did get the chance, like you, money was not available. Hey ho 😁.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

I have never managed to see them in person, individually or as the whole band. Whenever I did get the chance, like you, money was not available. Hey ho 😁.

I agree on the cost, Ive researched it a bit and if you travel to other areas its cheaper. Last time I checked the Water’s tickets, they were about $250 here in Chicago for first deck seating. But Indianapolis was cheaper and so was Madison. Scary thing though is Pittsburgh where he was going to kick off the N.American tour was only $65 a seat. We have friends in Pittsburgh so may go that route. 

58 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I agree on the cost, Ive researched it a bit and if you travel to other areas its cheaper. Last time I checked the Water’s tickets, they were about $250 here in Chicago for first deck seating. But Indianapolis was cheaper and so was Madison. Scary thing though is Pittsburgh where he was going to kick off the N.American tour was only $65 a seat. We have friends in Pittsburgh so may go that route. 

Crikey - definitely go the Pittsburgh route! That's a huge difference...

• Like 1