1/72nd KP Spitfire Vc x 2,..... 85 Sqn & 457 Sqn RAAF

Hiya Folks,

Another couple of Aussie Spitfire`s,..... this time from the KP kit. Here is the WIP in the Aussie and Kiwi GB, including pics of the real aeroplanes;

A58-250-03-zps96b74973.jpg

A58-250-04-zps1b569deb.jpg

A58-250-05-zps702e3dcf.jpg

spitfire_a58-103.jpgSpitfire-Mk-Vc-coded-ZP-Delta-A58-103-No

DSCF0906_NEW.jpg

DSCF0856-NEW.jpg

85 Sqn RAAF, Pearce, Australia 1945;

DSCF0925_NEW.jpg

DSCF0927_NEW.jpg

DSCF0926_NEW.jpg

DSCF0919_NEW.jpg

DSCF0858-NEW.jpg

DSCF0863-NEW.jpg

DSCF0864-NEW.jpg

457 Sqn, Sattler Strip, near Darwin, 1944;

DSCF0911_NEW.jpg

DSCF0912_NEW.jpg

DSCF0918_NEW.jpg

DSCF0923_NEW.jpg

DSCF0924_NEW.jpg

DSCF0901_NEW.jpg

DSCF0903_NEW.jpg

DSCF0904_NEW.jpg

And they join some of my other 1/72nd Aussie Spitfire`s;

DSCF0852-NEW.jpg

DSCF0849-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 19

Awesome! 😮

I really love the "Marge" Vc.  Built one myself, but didn't find those photos until after I had decalled it as "SHOK" on both sides!  😕

Never mind, I'll buy the Airfix kit and have another go.

Edited by kapam
  • Like 1

Cracking job as always Tony.  Looking through the wip it is amazing how different the green and browns look before and after the matt varnish.

Great job on both! They really look the part.:thumbsup:

The last photos just go to show you really can't have enough Spitfires (or Bf 109s or P-51s etc) 😜! Lovely collection by the way.

Miguel

Wow - wonderful collection Tony, and a lovely couple of new additions. That's also some big a$s roundels on the 457 Sqn machine!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kapam said:

Awesome! 😮

I really love the "Marge" Vc.  Built one myself, but didn't find those photos until after I had decalled it as "SHOK" on both sides!  😕

Never mind, I'll buy the Airfix kit and have another go.

Thanks mate and I feel your pain ..... I`ve been there and got the t shirt too! I built the same SH-K in 1/48th too but fitted the wing with the broad cannon bulges rather than the narrow ones!   Good luck with your kit..... I reccomend the HPM set which has the parts and decals you`ll need.

13 hours ago, Natter said:

Cracking job as always Tony.  Looking through the wip it is amazing how different the green and browns look before and after the matt varnish.

Thanks Natter,...... to be fair I did change the green half way through the painting as the Foliage Green was too dark and so I used US Dark Green instead,,.... thought I`d explained it but obviously not.  

9 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That's a cracking pair of Spitfires Tony! Very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,... gald you like them, cheers.

8 hours ago, Mig88 said:

Great job on both! They really look the part.:thumbsup:

The last photos just go to show you really can't have enough Spitfires (or Bf 109s or P-51s etc) 😜! Lovely collection by the way.

Miguel

Thanks Miguel,.... glad you like them,.... and that is just my 1/72nd Aussie Spit`s..... I`ve got quite a few in 1/48th too,.... and of course plenty more RAF ones!

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Wow - wonderful collection Tony, and a lovely couple of new additions. That's also some big a$s roundels on the 457 Sqn machine!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,..... yeah they were big old roundels at first,..... I love them,..... but they soom learned to tone the white down by making the roundel smaller or increasing the blue,.... or both. 

5 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

More wonderful Spitfires  Tony , they look fantastic as always.  Great collection fella. 

Chris

Thanks Chris,...... glad you like them mate!  

• Like 1