ஐஐ Tips, tricks, maintenance of the Anycubic Photon Mono X 3D Printer ஐஐ

Iceman 29

I'm opening a specific topic on the Anycubic Photon Mono X printer that I've been using since its release.

It's about tips and tricks, and more importantly, its maintenance to keep it in optimal condition for a long time.

I will also indicate where to find spare parts, new firmwares, the Anycubic website not offering any spare parts.

I'll start this section with the 4K screen which was damaged by a leak in the tank.

Screenshot-2021-05-07-13-50-58-336.jpg

I recommend filtering the resin in the tray as often as possible, especially when some or all of the print has gone bad.

Tiny debris may remain suspended in the resin, or pieces of media may have stuck to the bottom of the tray on the film.

Obviously when the print tray goes down to zero from the Z axis on the next print (other parts) the remaining debris distorts the Z setting and can damage the film or worse the screen following its talle.

To remove these which are heavily stuck due to multiple uv exposures, I advise you to put a finger under the film and push many times under the film on the screen side lightly keeping the support in the centre of the finger. If it doesn't come off you can use the black plastic spatula supplied with the printer, it should be in good condition, I advise you to use it only for this spot. 

Place it as horizontally as possible to push the backing, always keeping your finger under the film at this point. The risk without the finger, and even sometimes with it, is to damage the film irreparably. 

In this case it will have to be replaced:

On the Mono X, two types of screen are mounted in series. Before ordering, you will need to partially peel off the black tape on the front of the screen to check the type of connector.

You can find these screens on Aliexpress, as well as protective films for the screen, like a smartphone screen. This prevents the resin from sticking to the screen, or rather its polarised film, after a leak from the tray.

If the screen is not protected you can try to use a new modeler's plane blade to remove the thin film of resin. Put the blade on the screen almost flat to scrape off the layer, you have to raise it slightly so that its cutting bevel is parallel to the screen to avoid damaging anything. Take your time. Clean the screen with glass cleaner and a quality microfiber.

Links for screens with or without an HDMI card. If the screen is broken but still works, the HDMI card is not necessary.

TYPE 1:

Tianma - 8.9 inch LCD Monochrome 4K, 3840X2400, with HDMI card, for Anycubic PHOTON Mono X SLA printer

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001633145319.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.59606c37NVVG4T

The type of connector:

Screenshot-2021-05-07-13-51-24-604.jpg

Screenshot-2021-05-07-13-50-58-336.jpg

Type 2:

4K Monochrome LCD Monitor 8.9X3840 for Anycubic PHOTON Mono X SLA printer, 2400 inch, with 1pc of free protective film.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005001810112102.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.2.79502e94cu01xs

Screenshot-2021-05-07-14-02-24-753.jpg

The optional but highly recommended protective film, per 5 here:

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005002534688791.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.59606c37NVVG4T

Screenshot-2021-05-07-14-01-50-501.jpg

The tutorial for replacing the screen.

This tutorial also describes how to replace the video card. You don't need to open the printer as described if you only need to change the screen, only the black adhesive tape and the aluminium plate need to be removed, then just disconnect and reconnect the new screen. 

Do a screen test and then a Z setting to follow.

• Thanks 1