Gorch Fock - 1/350 Imai/ertl

My previous sailing ship model was the large Revell yacht America so I thought I'd try something a little smaller this time.  I think next time I'll go for something a closer to medium.  This small scale really taxed my modelling skills and I don't see too many more (if any at all) of this size in my future.  Other than the diminutive size, the kit itself is excellent and results in a very acceptable model.

GF001.jpg

GF002.jpg

GF003.jpg

GF004.jpg

GF005.jpg

GF006.jpg

GF007.jpg

• Like 22

It is always interesting to see sailing ship 1/350 scale - your model is like a pretty bird -sleek and noble - among our bloodthirsty butchers 😉 

Anyway, pretty fine result, I think so expanded rigging this scale (all this ropes around yandarms!:worthy:)  was truly lesson of patience and precision.

I would give her few drops of subtle wash for deck, but of course it is only personal taste.

Regards,

Michał

Edited by socjo1

Nice one!  Lovely job and a really nice piece of nostalgia for me.  I had one of these as a child and absolutely loved it.

The name always intrigued me too.  It sounded like the noise a Scotsman might make when he stepped on a thistle. 😛

• Haha 2