1:72 Revell Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer

That is a really stunning result Bill, well worth all your time and effort great start to 2022!

Happy New Year 

Stay safe             Roger

• Thanks 1

Hello Bill,

This is a good start to the year: a time-consuming project is is finally over.😋

I say respect for the self-sacrifice and the work done. 👍

But I say what a pity for the desire to have the same at home! This Privateer is so well finished that you will be the envy of many!

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

• Thanks 1

WOW,.... that is gorgeous Bill,...... yet another superb build mate,...... lots of hard work gone into that but it was well worth it,........ definitely the best Privateer that I have ever seen,

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

That's beautiful Bill, the additional blood, sweat and detail is worth it, it's hard to believe this is the old Matchbox kit!

I've got a kit here and might join in the Matchbox GB with it, but won't be going into as much detail as yours and it will be the silver bird without turrets.

Happy new year :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely job!

If it's straight out of the box it's the same as everyone else's. It's not really "your" model until you've made it special and put in all the extra work. This is definitely "your" model!

Congrats, and Happy New Year!

Ian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Until next time that is....

As Franklin Jones once said "Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again." Over and over...   :banghead:

19 hours ago, janneman36 said:

I have the same kit and conversion but I was always reluctant to start the project🙃

In this case, reluctance may be a good thing!     :drunk:

18 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Inspirational, indeed!  Happy New Year, and may there be copious amounts of single malt and Mojo in your future!

Single malt - now we're talking. Mix that with some Mr. Color fumes and I might even try to build this kit again.     :party:

15 hours ago, 72modeler said:

You do know that the Second Law of Modeling states that " Right after spending months on a scratch build or conversion project, a state of the art new-tool kit will be released." We will all owe you a big debt and  mass quantities of  brewski's! :giggle: 🍺

That's happened to me before - right after my kit-bash Trumpeter/Matchbox/Frog English Electric Lightning Airfix produced their new tool kit. Same thing after I built my Special Hobby Beaufort. And my CMR Buccaneers. I'd be surprised if anyone tackled this one though. But then, I'm usually wrong.

9 hours ago, tonyot said:

WOW,.... that is gorgeous Bill,...... yet another superb build mate,...... lots of hard work gone into that but it was well worth it,........ definitely the best Privateer that I have ever seen,

Thanks Tony!

9 hours ago, mick b said:

I bet Matchbox never imagined it could look that good!

At times I wondered whether Matchbox even bothered to build the kit...     :confused:

9 hours ago, mark.au said:

You certainly wrestled a fantastic result from Matchbox and Cobra!

Wrestled is a good word to describe the project.

8 hours ago, woody37 said:

I've got a kit here and might join in the Matchbox GB with it, but won't be going into as much detail as yours and it will be the silver bird without turrets

I think that might be a lot easier, although there are a lot of windows in the fuselage. Should look nice when done!     :)

3 hours ago, SaminCam said:

This is fabulous Bill! I've really enjoyed following this one and look forward to seeing some photos in an RFI when you get around to it. What's next?!?

Here is the RFI:

What's next? Well, I have the A&AEE Boscombe Down 25th Anniversary Phantom in process plus I signed up for the F/A-18 Group Build (which I may or may not actually do). So we'll see.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4

It's been great fun sitting at safe distance and watching you wrestle it into submission Bill; and the final result is just so typically neatly constructed and beautifully finished that all of the superlatives are amply justified.

• Thanks 1

Well she put up a decent fight Bill, but you were always going to be the winner and of course she's come out looking superb, and gives no hint of the challenges along the way.

Expertly handled indeed.

Terry

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

So what’s next?

I need to finish the A&AEE FG.1 Phantom, and I've signed up for the F/A-18 Group Build. So knowing me, I'll probably pick something else.    :)

3 hours ago, Fritag said:

It's been great fun sitting at safe distance and watching you wrestle it into submission Bill; and the final result is just so typically neatly constructed and beautifully finished that all of the superlatives are amply justified.

Aw shucks.   🤭

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Well she put up a decent fight Bill, but you were always going to be the winner and of course she's come out looking superb, and gives no hint of the challenges along the way.

Thanks Terry. The finished model may give no hints of the struggle, but I have the battle scars to prove it.    :boxing:

Thanks everyone. Get your boosters and stay safe.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

Dear Bill,

You have done a remarkable job with the specific kit and I will definitely use it as a point of reference when I finally decide to build my own. I also admire your dedication and determination to finish the specific kit regardless of the difficulties you had to face such as, the thick transparent parts, the lack of details (well, this was kind of expected! It is a Matchbox kit after all!), amongst other things.

But enough with the praises. START YOUR NEXT BUILD MATE!!! DON'T KEEP US WAITING!!!😁

Cheers,

Bill👍

• Thanks 1

So you aren’t on for the Matchbox GB then? Awwww….

Superb result.

Oh, and I’d like to claim a half share for the Airfix Beaufort release :)The Special Hobby one is half way to being a decent kit!

Regards and have a super 2022,

Adrian

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 7:48 AM, Navy Bird said:

Same thing after I built my Special Hobby Beaufort.

That's a pretty good looking Privateer! I'll just put mine away until 2025!

You need a lot of extras to get your SH result out of the Airfix Beaufort.

• Thanks 1