Typhoon FGR 4 Tranche 2 1/48 scale ZK3** registration markings and tail numbers

Mott

Good evening. Long time listener, first time caller. I have been asked to make a Centurion fit Tranche 2 Typhoon FGR4 for a friend in 1/48 scale. I have the kit (Revell) and all the various pylons, pod, bombs and missiles. The only thing I haven't sourced are the registration and tail numbers. I have only ever made the Tranche 1 models with the ZJ9** and ZJ8** before and most kits come with a comprehensive set of decals for these marks. At this point all the person I'm building it for has told me is it will be "ZK3**). Does anyone out there know of pre-made decal sets or the correct individual letter and number kits available in roughly the same scale then I can produce the desired finished model? Tail letters are larger and white and the registration numbers are smaller and dark grey. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post an image of the actual aircraft when they get back to me.

• Like 1

For a couple of my ZK... builds, I cobbled together the serials from some of those Xtradecal sheets mentioned above. For the relevant tail numerals, I used Xtradecals' generic RAF/RN 'white serial numbers' in 1/72 scale. You can create any tail code you desire from any of the serials you may get from the other decal sheets.