1/43 Spa 24 Hours race 1971

For a good Friend i build several Years ago a small Diorama around the Provence Moulage resinkit of the famous "Red Pig" , the first AMG Racecar. A modified and Tuned Luxury Limousine , Mercedes Benz 300 SEL 6.3. Mercedes self failed 1969 in the Practice to this race, they have simply forgot to homologate wide fenders for this heavy and Big Car. With the narrow Tires , they have too often stop and change 'em, so MB didn't start. in 1971 the then relativly unknow Company AMG took over and tuned this Monster up. Around 450 HP , Standardgearbox and a Weight araund 1,6 Tons are good enough for the 2nd Place overall after 24 Hours with nearly no Problems.  A Drive direcctly in History 😉 Too bad the Original Car never won again and was destroyed by Aerotech Company Matra for testing jet landinggear. 

1971spa24h5vhjzj.jpg

So as i build this Dio, very rare Info is around and long after it was finisched it where clear that they drove with full Interieur , down to Woodinlays and Leather Backseats and so on. So please dont be too harsh on my mistake. I build this Kit OOb with little Modifications, only added a full Rollcage, that was really used, and a Pilot. Painted with Acrylics and Alclad Chrome for the radiator.

Here is what you get with the Kit. Turned Aluminium Rims with Pewter inlays, Mirrors, Headlighthousings and partial Rollcage , Selfadheshive Lamps, Vacu Windshields, Clearfoil for the Doors a very good Resin Body, Floorpan with minor Details and Dashboard. The Etchfret is a bit hard, but very fine, also very good are the Decals.

002qxj8d.jpg

First Step is building the Rollcage ,fit the Denizen Figure and added small Plasticparts to beef up the rear Wheelarches.

020ilk3r.jpg

00995jcn.jpg

01065jp2.jpg

015ncjrf.jpg

017obj2f.jpg

016zyjqd.jpg

005evjrr.jpg

006tdkf7.jpg

Next Step where the Spectators, also Denizen Figures. The Flagman modified to a Photographer with a bit bending and Miliput. The SLR Camera is build with Crap Plastic.

0190nkal.jpg

0215tjek.jpg

02259kbr.jpg

023x7k21.jpg

024dbj9y.jpg

02652kuw.jpg

025xdkk7.jpg

Testing the Layout.....

027k0jg5.jpg

032pgjri.jpg

0345lkc4.jpg

033hukb7.jpg