40th RAF Chinook Anniversary

Jabba

Well reply to your post Jabba since you have posted😀

So I guess its the thing to blazen everything hawks,ministerial aircraft etc etc with the union flag 🇬🇧 just incase we forget who we are....i always thought one of out traits was subtly....still each to his own

Good paint job but not to my taste.

Still good PR for the chinook gang....dont think the boys on 7 will be playing though 👍

9 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

I like it but don't they think of us poor modellers when designing these schemes? That will be a pain to do

Strange thing is that Andy Donovan in the article is a modeller.

Not quite to my taste as I am another that doesn't really find the current trend for a snazzy corporate looking Union Jack design that appealing. If it was down to me I'd go retro with the old camo scheme and commemorative lettering along the sides or on the rear lump. At the end of the day though, I guess in these times it is surprising they were allowed to do anything, and perhaps the Great Britain™ Ltd approach is most likely to get approval.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sad to say I don't like it, the flag has been done before and frankly this time round it seems a bit 'bitty'.

Ribbons and streamers off on trips of their own, oh well at least we still have Wokkas.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 10:11 AM, Filler said:

Not quite to my taste as I am another that doesn't really find the current trend for a snazzy corporate looking Union Jack design that appealing. If it was down to me I'd go retro with the old camo scheme and commemorative lettering along the sides or on the rear lump. At the end of the day though, I guess in these times it is surprising they were allowed to do anything, and perhaps the Great Britain™ Ltd approach is most likely to get approval.

I think anything is better than nothing, especially in an era when military aircraft markings are so drab so I'm glad to see this scheme has come to fruition. I agree that a full repaint into the 1980 scheme would have been amazing to see...maybe for Chinook 50?

On 5/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, perdu said:

Sad to say I don't like it, the flag has been done before and frankly this time round it seems a bit 'bitty'.

Ribbons and streamers off on trips of their own, oh well at least we still have Wokkas.

Anniversaries and paint schemes will come and go, but there will always be Wokkas! 

Edited by torqueofthedevil
Merge two posts