Dragon 1/35 M48A3 - Kit 3546

Peter Browne

I'm looking at the Dragon 1/35 M48A3 - Kit 3546.  This is a rebox of kit 3544 M48A3 Mod.B with some added parts (e.g. searchlight). 

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/M48A3-Dragon-3546.html

Doing a bit of research, 3546 appears to also be a Mod.B, though that is not indicated on the box.  Mod. B, which were converted M48A1 vehicles,  had features not on the standard early M48A3:

- Cupola spacer ring with nine vision blocks between the roof and the M1 cupola.

- Bulged cupola hatch cover.

- Interrupter bar in front of the M1 cupola (to prevent cupola MG from firing into the back of the searchlight)

It also appears to be a late production M48A3 with the embossed X shapes on the front and rear fender extensions.

Standard early production line M48A3 vehicles which were rebuilt also received these upgrades and the Mod B designation dropped.

So it appears that 3546 is a Mod B, and the same kit as 3544, with the addition of the searchlight (the fact that 3544 had the interrupter bar and not the searchlight is a bit surprising...).

Is there any way to pick a converted M48A1 to M48A3?  I guess the 'X' shapes on the fenders would be a giveaway? 

Anything else I need to know about this kit?