Greetings from southern Ontario

Robert MacGregor

Hi there from St Catharines Ontario, along the southern shore of Lake Ontario in Canada.

I have been a big fan of Britmodeller for a number of years and enjoyed the variety of kits and fantastic workmanship demonstrated.

My main areas of interest of classic aircraft kits from the 60's and 70's and also scifi from the same era. Here is a Revell Spitfire Mk 1 1/32 scale the kit is from 1967. The decals were cracked so replaced them with Eagle Edition decals. The paint is Tamiya. If I was to do it again I I think I would use Humbrol.  The fancy stand is from flight pose. 

Cheers

spacer.png

• Like 2

That’s a real nice Spitfire, I like the stand too! Welcome to the forum & I hope to see some new builds from you. I am mostly still using Testors Canadian made paint, most of it decades old so slowly switching to Humbrol myself. In fact most of everything I own of value is so old it was made in Canada or Britain, back when we made stuff here. I guess that’s why my favourite airplane is the Lancaster, so many were made in Canada. Was very disappointed my last cell phone purchase, couldn’t find anything made in the commonwealth like my previous Motorola from India. Oh well, we still make good beer here 👍

There seems like there are quite a few canucks on the on the site! Good to see. I had no idea that there had ever been canadian  manufactured Testors paint. I live about 40 miles from Canadian Warplane Heritage. On weekends in the summer they fly the Lancaster right over my house at about 2,000 feet. If you told me when I was a kid that a lanc would fly over my house every weekend I would never have believed it.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Robert MacGregor said:

There seems like there are quite a few canucks on the on the site! Good to see. I had no idea that there had ever been canadian  manufactured Testors paint. I live about 40 miles from Canadian Warplane Heritage. On weekends in the summer they fly the Lancaster right over my house at about 2,000 feet. If you told me when I was a kid that a lanc would fly over my house every weekend I would never have believed it.

Lucky :poop:!

Chris

Hiya from Scotland. Is this a good time to observe that lots of DH types, particularly Mosquitoes, Beavers, and (Twin) Otters were also Canadian made?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paws4thot said:

Hiya from Scotland. Is this a good time to observe that lots of DH types, particularly Mosquitoes, Beavers, and (Twin) Otters were also Canadian made?

There is never a bad time to remember that!

Not to forget the Lancasters, Hampdens, Hurricanes Catalinas and Cansos, and Fleets.

Edit:  And Tiger Moths and Chipmunks and more.

Here's hoping Airfix will bring out a Canadian Chipmunk to accompany the British one.

• Like 1