S&M Vickers Viscount - 1/144

I've been working on this model for quite a while and had almost finished it when I heard the sad news of the passing of Mel Bromley - the owner of S&M. So, inadvertently, this has turned into a tribute of sorts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. I have very fond memories of watching the real things coming and going over my home in Dublin in the early 1970s. I was quite resentful when they started repainting them in British Airways colours.

• Like 1

Brilliant model, a worthy tribute. It's quite a striking scheme, I love the Trident that the North East Land Sea and Air Museum has in similar markings up in Sunderland. 

Very tidy job, never seen that scheme before. I think many of us have at least one of Mel's Viscounts. Be nice if we could each have one done and make a tribute at Telford with them. Anyone else up for that?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Very tidy job, never seen that scheme before. I think many of us have at least one of Mel's Viscounts. Be nice if we could each have one done and make a tribute at Telford with them. Anyone else up for that?

That's a great idea bentwaters a fitting tribute to a very nice man I'd be up for celebrating Mel's models with you and others at Telford 

regards

Eamonn

Very nice build and a great tribute , well done.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Cheers Michael.

• Like 1

Sad news about Mel, I had met him a number of times at model shows, I bought the 1/72 Vickers Viking from him that he used to get the BEA decals in the correct arrangement 

Excellent and very colourful. A good tribute to Mel, who I never knew but by all accounts a complete gentleman. 

I'm very fond of Viscounts. My first ever flight was in an Aer Lingus Viscount back in '59. I knew nothing of it as I was a mere bump inside my Mother. I do remember the next time though, Virgin airlines Dublin to Luton. 

Great idea to have a tribute of Viscounts at Telford. But why not all his kits? 

Too many? He was involved in a wide variety of kits which covered a wide variety of subjects and scales. I have a few more S&M kits in the stash.

I fancy having a go at his 1/144 UK MUSTARD space shuttle. I think it is probably the last thing I bought from him.