Eduard Zlin 37A čmelák

It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here, but I’ve finally finished the Eduard Profi 1/72 Zlin 37A Čmelák I’ve been building of late. This particular registered aircraft was noted for smuggling a family from East to West Germany before the wall came down and they were placed into the cramped hopper compartment behind the cockpit for the journey. The conditions just don’t bear thinking about! The kit is really easy to build and well detailed for such a small scale, however, the instructions are incorrect on a couple of instances with regard to the decals. The ‘Z-37A’ decal should be applied under the cockpit door both sides and not omitted, and the registration on the top starboard wing should be omitted as the full sized didn’t have it. Added to this the whole of the fin and rudder should be painted red, not partially painted as per instructions, but other than this I think everything else is correct. If you want something different from the norm I can thoroughly recommend this model, especially the Profi version as there are many different photo etch selections to choose from which will enhance the model.

51158441262_402bcfd632_o.jpg

51159346733_d0d10e63bd_o.jpg

51159891649_e12176910f_o.jpg

51158446727_25d33b67d1_o.jpg

51159893634_90f23fa521_o.jpg

• Like 24

Only discovered these when I worked in Austria in 2013/4 and ventured across the border to CZ/SK... Got a soft spot for these ugly beasts of burden🙂 Came across two companies refurbishing them at Hosin and Nitra.

Lovely realistic looking model you've got there🤗

• Thanks 1