ICM - 1/144 Tupolev-144

First one in a very long while, I picked this as I wanted something to practice on, that if it went really bad it wouldn't really have mattered.  I was a very nice build which went together really well.  My only problem was with the decals, they were so soft, wouldn't come off the backing, then they split.  Horrible, so much so that I'm put off from building ICM again, at least there were only a handful of 'em.

51159821254_afd1fdbb3d_b.jpg

51159276913_b997a36d94_b.jpg

51159035841_b8d5d734dd_b.jpg

51158375697_753b843cf3_b.jpg

51158375707_e338aff026_b.jpg

• Like 29

Beautiful build! The Tu144 is one of my favourites.

I'll be building another one of these soon, but adding some resin jetpipes and aftermarket decals to build RA-77114 (the NASA Tu144LL)

• Thanks 1

Despite your problems with the decal your Tu-144 looks great.

I have the kit in my stash as well but in a Revell box.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

Despite your problems with the decal your Tu-144 looks great.

I have the kit in my stash as well but in a Revell box.

i wish Revell still made them... much better decals than ICM. They should do a rebox for the early Tu144Ss, like CCCP77101 in its red stripe scheme or CCCP77102 in the 1973 scheme

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

i wish Revell still made them... much better decals than ICM. They should do a rebox for the early Tu144Ss, like CCCP77101 in its red stripe scheme or CCCP77102 in the 1973 scheme

I would love the early version in a red stripe scheme.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

I would love the early version in a red stripe scheme.

no aftermarket I could find for it, only for the same scheme as CCCP-77102. If I could find any I'd have bought decals for that for my upcoming build. 

• Like 1

Hi Andy...

Well, that went well...hopefully better than you expected. Sure looks like it went well. Nice job on a great "practice" build. It's inspiring to read and see someone's project that "if it doesn't go well" no harm done. We ALL should practice more on projects like that. Thank you for sharing, and for the inspiration. Nice build, indeed! 

Paul

That looks really good. I have the Revell boxing.

You cannot use the ICM/Revell Tu144 kit to make one of the early prototypes - which were virtually a different aircraft.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

58 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

You cannot use the ICM/Revell Tu144 kit to make one of the early prototypes - which were virtually a different aircraft.

certainly not CCCP68001, but it will build any other Tu144 from CCCP77101 to CCCP77115

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

certainly not CCCP68001, but it will build any other Tu144 from CCCP77101 to CCCP77115

Is this an alternative for the ICM decals:

https://dukmodell.com/Modellbauzubehoer/Decals/Flugzeuge/1-144/Avia-Decals/Tupolev-Tu-144-1-144::9556.html

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BerndM said:

out of stock everywhere I looked.

I bought these for mine: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BZD412?result-token=OWqRw

• Like 2