Harrier GR5 - MIRLS fairing

I’m converting a Trumpeter GR.7 to a 5 and I have the Aerofax book but I’m not clear about the shape of the under nose fairing at the rear edge. I’ve also got a 1/48 AMRAAMLines GR.5 conversion and that had the rear of the fairing tapering to a point but the photographs in the Aerofax suggest it might stay wide, even flat but none of the images show it clearly. Can anyone help please? Ideally a photo or some cross sections through the fairing.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, speedy said:

Does this help

https://www.armedconflicts.com/BAe-Harrier-GR-5A-t103212

I’ve got the aeroguide at home so will have a look. Drop a line to nick (NG899), he’ll know.

Thanks, I have those images already and the lower one does suggest that it might be almost square cut off at the back. Yes, I'll e-mail Nick!

• Like 1

It's an area that's not well photographed - someone needs to get to Pima and photograph the survivor!

I'll send you an email of the best I have - it's a sort of a triangle shape

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1

Thanks Dave, yes, it seems to confirm what I was starting to think - its basically square cut at the back to give a triangular cross section! I've e-mailed Nick so he may have something clearer in his vast library so I'll wait until I have confirmation from 'The Oracle' before I mix some more Milliput! I found a photo of the Pima GR.5 this morning (From the front starboard quarter of course) - looks very nice in the 233 OCU markings!